Saturday, May 28, 2016

Ipsy: May 2016

Hello everyone!  I've been spending a whole bunch of time looking at #projectpan pictures on Instagram for the past week.. I think I'm addicted.  I've considered putting my own makeup into a project pan but I'm just not feeling like using only one product until it's gone. I'd rather just use whatever feels good! I did, however, create a makeup inventory so I'd at least know how much I have to use up.

Back to the topic at hand, today: Ipsy!

First, this bag is so different from a regular Ipsy bag!  It's gorgeous.  As you can see, instead of the standard zipper they have a little button with a flip top.  It came in a few different colors; mine's obviously purple, but it could also come in blue and pink!  I wish I would have gotten the pink because it's my favorite color ever but I can handle purple too. If you look, there's a whole bunch of pretty little icons depicting different areas in the world.

Here's all of my products for this month!  It's very makeup heavy and the skincare is something I'm super pumped about.  Let's jump right into it!

Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow Trio
Okay, so before I get into the actual product you guys need to look at this packaging. Just look at how freaking gorgeous that is!  I'm so in love with it.

Here's the actual trio of shadows. They're super pretty, very wearable colors!  The cool thing about this brand is that it's vegan and cruelty free, so if you're someone who really cares about that, this brand is a great drugstore option!  It's a little pricier than other brands, but far cheaper than high end alternatives.

Did I mention that I'm in love with these shadows?  The lightest one is a little weak on pigment, but the darkest shade is beyond gorgeous. The shade names from darkest to lightest are Lovely, Skinny Dip, and Crush.  I really just enjoy looking at these colors; so shiny!

NoTS 28Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser
Ipsy always does a good job at sending skincare products that feel relevant to me!  I love the idea behind this product for my skin: my pores are my biggest problem right now.  I haven't cracked it open yet, but I definitely will be soon!  I'll get you guys a separate review of it later.

Glamour Dolls Gloss Snob "Twirl"
This is one of the products I'm not super excited about this month. There's nothing wrong with it at all, but I'm just not a lip gloss person.  I don't like the sticky feeling or the super sheer color to it.

I do have to say, this gloss is really thick and opaque, so maybe I'll actually try using it!  I do love the color.

Vera Mona Eye Smudger Brush
I'm not actually super crazy about this brush!  It's really pretty, but the bristles are so short, I don't think I can actually use this without bumping my eye with the metal.  We'll see when I really use this, but even with my hand they weren't long enough to keep me from scraping my skin.  Super soft, though!

Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara
Of course, as soon as I finish the Smashbox mascara from my November Ipsy, I get a new one to try! Unfortunately I have about 10 other mascaras to try before this (I did count!), so this one is going to wait for a while before I open it up and try it out. I wasn't super impressed with the other one, but we'll see if this one is better!

Well, that's it!  I may not have seemed like the most excited person to try this stuff, but really I am pretty pumped! The eyeshadow is gorgeous and the cleanser seems perfect for me.  The other stuff isn't bad, just not the most exciting!  I'm still totally in love with Ipsy and will continue to get it, this month just wasn't the best box I've gotten!

What do you guys think? What's your favorite product? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment