Thursday, May 26, 2016

Beauty Box 5: May 2016

Hello everyone! Like I said yesterday, I really want to jump back onto the blogging wagon!  I've been loving all the products I've gotten this month in my boxes, and Beauty Box 5 is certainly no exception.

The theme for this month was Mermaid.  I've said this before and I will say it again; Beauty Box 5 is one of the boxes that really does an awesome job at sticking with their themes!  I will admit, a few things here and there are a bit of a stretch, but for the most part you can totally see where they're coming from.

Here's a picture of the back of the card, which has all of the products listed!  It has some details about the products you got, and even shows you if what you got is full size.  I really do enjoy the cards we get from them.

Here's all of the products together for this month!  I'm really in love them! Let's get right into it.

Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-in Spray
Briogeo has always been on my radar, but in the past two months I've gotten one of their products in every box!  Last month was Ipsy and Birchbox, and this month it's this box and my new secret box that you guys will be seeing soon!

As for the leave-in spray itself, I haven't opened it up to try it out yet. I'm trying to use up a spray I got a long time ago before I open any more, but I'll leave you guys a review of it when I get to it!  I personally love leave-in sprays because I'm lazy and taking one step out of my routine is awesome!

Appeal Cosmetics Luxurious Lipstick "Crush"
Well this certainly is the big ticket item of this month's box!  This lipstick is full size and retails for $29! No, that is not a typo.  That costs over twice as much as this box!  The picture makes it look a little more pink than it really is; it shows in person as a true coral.  The swatch looks accurate.
Unfortunately, my lips are a little too pigmented for this color!  It doesn't show up very well on me, so I'll have to figure out how exactly I want to go about wearing this, but its a beautiful summer shade.  The perfect coral color for people who are brave enough to rock it!

Mystic Tan Mocha-Kyssed Bronzer Lotion
I'll be honest you guys, I've never, EVER fake tanned or fake baked or any of that. I've always let the sun turn me whatever color it wanted to. Most of the time it's red, but that's not the point. Maybe this is the summer I get adventurous! If I do work up the courage to use this, it will be on my legs because yikes, I could blind someone with 'em.

Glamour Dolls Mermaid Lashes Splash Proof Mascara
Glamour Dolls is a brand I've suddenly been getting all the time!  I got it in my march BB5 and then in this month's Ipsy!  I have a million mascaras to try, so this one is going on the back burner for now. It's also waterproof, and I'm not exactly sure if I want to wear it.  I do have a lot of lashes but waterproof mascara is hard to get off and I don't want to rip them all out!

Elizabeth Mott You're So Fine Liquid Liner "Glitterati"
Finally, we have this liquid liner!  It's actually really pretty for summer if you're tired of standard black eyeliner. It's slightly different, but subtle, so if you're a person who doesn't like a ton of glitter but wants to switch it up, this is great for you!
Please pardon the terrible swatching on my part. I got a little gung ho with the wand on that top line and just kind of turned it into a blob.  The two lines below it I tried to make super thin for a couple reasons. First, to show you how the applicator worked and how thin the lines really could be. Second, I wanted to show you guys what the glitter looked like in the liner itself. Like I said, it's a pretty, subtle product!

Well, that's it for this month's box!  I really loved how well they stuck to the theme, even if I wasn't totally pleased with everything that came in the box. I'd highly recommend this box to anyone who's looking for a way to change up their routine with fun and unique products! I've always been pretty happy with what's come from my boxes.

What do you guys think? Would you dare to wear that coral shade? Or glitter liner? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment