Wednesday, May 4, 2016

31 Days of Blogging // Day 4: My Earliest Childhood Memory

Hello everyone! Today I'll be talking about my earliest childhood memory.  My earliest memory is less of a specific memory, and more of a specific person.
Her name is Becca, and she is my cousin and one of my best friends ever.  I don't have any specific memories from my childhood but the ones I do remember always involved her.

We were arguably friends in the beginning. For some reason there was always some sort of dissonance between us at the start, and we'd often ask each other questions that resulted in us fighting over whether a unicorn could be a favorite animal or not.  It was a sad attempt at getting to know each other better!

For every important moment in my childhood spent with her we were still besties.  Another strong memory of mine is when we pretended that I beat her up and scared my younger sister and cousin.  While it was hilarious for both of us it probably scarred them in ways we could not have foreseen. Worth it!

The picture above actually comes from being at her house!  She had just gotten that pug (Oli) and so I was spending time with her and meeting the dog. We would often swim in the pool and then take baths together, and we would stay up for hours into the night watching movies and playing video games together; shout out to the Buffy game!  We'd also play Herd Your Horses, which was as board game favorite of ours.

This picture is from the school park in my grandparent's hometown. We would often go together to this park and play for hours. They had two separate swing sets and a giant playground area with different levels and bridges and tunnels. We'd regularly climb on top of the tunnels and slides (like I am in the picture!) and play tag.

I have such fond memories of childhood with my cousin. Whether we were fighting or not I could always count on being happy with seeing her at some point in time.

Well, that's it!  I hope it's interesting to see a little into my life.  Feel free to join along with me and post these as well. If you do so send me a link so I can read it!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment