Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Why I Quit the Daily Blog Challenge

Hello everyone! Long time no talk. It really hasn't been that long, but it's been longer than usual. You may have noticed by now what this post is about due to the title.  Today I'm going to update you on what happened and tell you what I learned in these past few weeks.

When I started doing the 31 Days of Blogging, I was super gung ho about it. I thought for sure this was going to be what brought my blogging game to the next level. And for the first four days I did it and it was fine.

Then I ended up getting behind on my posts.  I didn't put it up one day, then I tried putting them up and I just got a little bit overwhelmed. On top of that, I started losing my motivation to keep putting something up every day. I felt like as soon as I finished writing the post it went on the blog, with no time for stepping back and just looking.

The reason I enjoy blogging and how I found such peace with it is because there was no pressure for me to have anything done for it. Yes, I did have a schedule I liked putting things up on, but I didn't HAVE to do it. The minute I started putting a time limit on things I got tired of it.  It lost all of the appeal to me and suddenly became a chore; something I HAD to do every day.

I've learned this about myself: a hobby loses all fun to me when I force myself to do it.  It's also a bit of a burn out to blog every day; I don't know how people do it!  I feel like I have so much stuff to do all the time that also blogging every day just made it so stressful. It kind of lost all fun to it and became work, which is the opposite of what I want from a hobby.

I really will come back to blogging this week.  I took a break from it to recover from the negative feelings blogging has taken on, but I should be good to go this week! I'm so ready to show you guys all the awesome things I've gotten from my beauty boxes, plus I have some reviews to start posting for you guys!  I'm so excited to jump back onto the wagon!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment