Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Birchbox: May 2016

Hello everyone!  A little late in the month for me to be uploading, but better late than never!  I did get this about the middle of May.  There was actually a little issue with with my box to start with. I saw the little sneak peek and have three products I've already gotten! Oh goodness. I contacted Birchbox customer service and they were just wonderful with helping me! This is the second box they put together for me.

Here's this month's box!  Not my favorite box so far, but it's still really cute!  It's meant to look like it has paint brush strokes on it.  I'm really not sure why I don't like it as much; maybe because it's really abstract? Oh well!

Here's the little card detailing everything I got in my box this month!  As you can see, I really did hit the jackpot on awesome stuff!

I may have not liked how the box looked, but this month is killing it sample wise!  As you guys know, I love getting makeup in my boxes and Birchbox always sends high end brands.

Let's just jump right into this!

amika un.Done Texture Spray
I think because of Birchbox I now own every single product amika makes! Not really, but this is the third product I've gotten from them!  I don't mind texture sprays personally but I really don't use them a whole lot; my hair has as lot of texture as is. I'll still be sure to give it some love soon!

Jouer Long-Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick "Lychee"
This is probably one of my favorite liquid lipstick formulas ever, and I've tried a lot.  Maybe I'm biased for some reason, I don't know. I'm just in love with everything about this. It's super smooth and soft, and it is so incredibly pigmented.

Just look at this color. It is my favorite lip color!  Just beautiful, the perfect amount of pink and nude mixed in; it's a good my lips but better color for me! I could go on for days about this lipstick but I won't. I'll just go ahead and leave it at this: if you have the chance, try these out. They're awesome.

Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50 with Cellular Response Technology
Wow, I'll ever need to buy sunscreen for my face again! I keep getting samples of it in all my boxes. I'm definitely not arguing, it's really freaking expensive.  A full size of this product costs $48; wow! It's great that they're sending sunscreen out right now, as summertime is rolling around and most people, myself included, tend to forget that your face needs as much protection as everything else!

Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Gradual Lotion
Like I said in my Beauty Box 5 post, I've never used self tanner before. I might open this up and try it out on my legs; we'll see how brave I'm feeling at the time.  It's also great to get this product during summer time so that I can not look like a ghost when I'm wearing shorts.

W3LL PEOPLE Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer "Light"
This is my last sample for this month. It's a small tube, but I think it'll be okay!  I love trying out new concealers, and especially not having to pay for something I don't know if I'll match colors with.  Plus concealer textures are so tough to know if they work!

You can see where it is on my hand; it's slightly more orange. However, it should match my face perfectly blended out.  It definitely has good coverage!

Well, that's it!  I don't have much more to say about this box; it was really good! Definitely one of my favorite Birchboxes that I've gotten thus far.  The liquid lipstick is so good.  The rest of the products are things I'm going to use for sure.  It's so nice to have a good month; I've been on the fence about Birchbox for a couple months.

What do you guys think?  Do you want to try any of these products out? Do you self tan? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment