Thursday, June 2, 2016

Play! by Sephora: May 2016

Hello everyone! Super exciting news: I will be reviewing the Play! by Sephora box from now on!  It was my super secret box, not sure if it's really that big of a surprise though.  A lot of people got into the subscription for May, so reviews might be a little saturated  but I'm so excited for it!

They did things a little differently for this month, likely because of the huge influx of people in the subscription. Previously they had sent a box within a box, much like Birchbox. This month they sent a box, and then inside of it was the little info poster and a bag with the products in that.

So this is what the bag looks like! It's really cute and a drawstring bag, but unfortunately it'll be getting a new home. It's not really a functional bag to use so there's no point in keeping it.

Instead of the booklet like they used to do, Sephora sent out a cute little poster with all the products and information about them.  Probably a lot more cost effective versus a full booklet.

I totally forgot to take a picture of all the products together, so let's just get right into each individual product!

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick "Kimchi"
Let's start big!  Or small, because this is a super cute little sample!  I've heard so much hype about these lipsticks and I totally get it.  These smell so good and are incredibly pigmented.  I like that even this little dinky sample has the exact same packaging as the full size lipstick. 

Holy bright pink. This is one heck of an intense color. It's a perfect summer shade for me, but I don't think I can say the same for someone else!  This isn't the most easily wearable color because of the intensity, but it's just stunning.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
Oh no!  I got this last month in my Birchbox and haven't even used that up yet.  I've heard so much about this product, so I'm really hoping it works well for me.  If not, I'll have some things to be giving away!

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
I think this sounds so cool! It's a sleeping facial, so you put it on and then leave it on overnight. Since I'm a lazy girl, taking out the whole washing your face afterward step sounds great! I've never tried one of these before, and I really like the fact that I'm starting with a quality brand.

Origins Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer
I've heard of a lot of things, but never have I heard of a mask primer!  It's a pretty cool concept: it's meant to prep your face so that when you put on your very pricey masks, you'll get the best results.  Origins also sent two of their masks; a charcoal mask and a hydrating mask.  I love mask samples, especially ones that are single use. I have a tendency to use too much or too little so having it measured out for me is good!

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume
Yummy! This perfume smells just like a fresh orange peel but not quite as citrusy. It's got a little bit of bitterness into it which takes away from the super crazy sweetness of fruit.  Unfortunately this sample doesn't have a stick or a spray nozzle, so you have to figure out how you want to apply it!

Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon "Latergram"
Finally we've got this Tarte lip liner!  This sample is super small and I would highly recommend not rolling it up all the way, as it won't roll back down.  It's also part of Tarte's newer line called "Tarteist" which adds a ton of new, trendy products.

Here's a swatch of the lip liner! It's a gorgeous nudey mauve color.  There's actually a matching matte lip paint in the shade TBT, which I have a sample of!  This is a perfect my lips but better shade, which seems really dark; however, I have super pigmented lips.

Well, that's it!  I really love the lip products, and the fact that Sephora sent some really hot items! If you're looking for high quality brands and samples this is absolutely the box to choose. I'm so excited to see what the future holds for this box!

What do you guys think?  Do you like the lipstick this month? Would you wear it? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment