Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Beauty Profile

Hello everyone! Today I'll be posting up a little bit of a beauty profile. What is this you might ask?

A beauty profile is going to be a post that defines what exactly I have going on with my skin and hair.  I find that having a post like this to refer back to will make finding out if a product will work for you much easier!

For example, if I leave a review about a face mask that does nothing for me at all but you want to know if it'd work for you, it might be to your advantage to check out what my specific skin type is like and see if it's different from yours!  The same goes with any sort of hair product that may or may not work for me.


Skin
My skin could be described as normal to very dry, depending on the weather and the day. Sometimes my skin will look pretty decent, other times it will be so dry you can see it flaking off of my face; ew.  I think a lot of that has to do with my having eczema.  Eczema is essentially a condition where you have chronically super dry skin. Like so dry that it becomes itchy, so you itch it and then it looks kind of rashy and just gross.  I actually have prescription strength ointment for it; it gets bad.

My skin tone is light to light-medium with warm (yellow) undertones.  I wear NW20 in MAC foundation, and 180 Sand Beige in the Revlon Colorstay to help give you guys an idea of the actual color.

Acne wise, I don't really suffer from bad breakouts. Here and there I'll get a pimple or two, but never any really bad spots with a lot at once.  I do suffer from blackheads here and there, but nothing too bad.

My worst problem skin wise is actually super big pores.  This is especially true for my nose and cheeks, where they are giant.  I also have some issues with redness, especially on my cheeks.

As you can see, my lips are pretty pigmented. I'm not wearing anything on them right now; they're just really darkly colored.

Hair 
My hair can be described as a lot of different things.  Descriptive, I know!

I have very thick and coarse hair.  It's also considered chemically treated; I bleached it over a year ago, and about a month ago I dyed it a red-brown color.

It's actually wavy to very wavy to curly, depending on how it feels. Immediately after I shower and it's dry it's pretty curly, but after I sleep in it one day it gets wavy with only a little bit of curl left.  Sometimes it looks almost straight, again depending on how my hair is feeling.

My scalp itself tends to get dry because of my eczema, but the roots of my hair get oily really fast.  My ends are really dry and I do have a lot of split ends.

Well, that's it! I'm not sure what else I can really include, I think I did a pretty good job at letting

No comments:

Post a Comment