Friday, December 4, 2015

Ipsy: November 2015

Oh my gosh you guys Ipsy came in and I'm so freaking excited!
They did so much better for me this month, and have now definitely earned a loyal subscriber.  I mentioned in my last post and my review that I liked Ipsy being mostly makeup and they so delivered. Look at this!
It's all makeup!  On top of all the makeup, this bag is so freaking adorable! It's actually the one I'm using right now for my purse.

Here's a breakdown of the products!

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara
(SS: .1 oz / $7.60) (FS: .38 oz / $20.00)
This month, everyone received a sample of this mascara. I haven't opened it up to try it yet, because I still have my Benefit Roller Lash from last month's Birchbox.  I don't use mascara a ton, so I'd hate to open more mascara samples and waste them!  I'll let you guys know how this does in a later post.

Crown Brush Deluxe Pointed Crease Brush
(FS: $12.38)
Let me tell you guys, this brush is super freaking soft!  I think everyone got a brush in their bags, but the kind of brush varied from person to person.  I've heard good things about Crown Brush, so I'm really happy about to get this brand for my own collection.

 Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner "Wild Child"
(FS: .01 oz / $14.00)

I forgot to get a picture of this product; oops!  I'm not too upset about that, however. I haven't been crazy impressed with any of the Be a Bombshell/Hikari products I've gotten, and this one is no exception.  It's a standard black eyeliner, but it takes a lot of swipes to get a really black line.  It starts off pretty light.  It's truly an average quality liner, which isn't what I'm looking for. I want quality here! On top of that, I twisted it a little too much and actually broke it!  The liner won't stay up to apply anymore, so I'll have to throw it away, as it's unusable. Lame.

Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Eye Shadow Primer
(SS: .1 oz / $3.75) (FS: .16 oz / $5.99)
I was really happy to get this product, which seems weird because it's just primer, but it works so well!  Without eye primer, I had a shadow that majorly creased in 3 hours.  With this, it ended up lasting 12 hours!  The only complaint I had about it was that it felt kind of sticky when my eyes were open, and was a bit uncomfortable. I definitely didn't apply too much, so I think it's just the formula.  The fact that it worked was all I could ask for, though, so I'll still use it!

Fran Wilson Moodmatcher Lipstick "Green"
(FS: .12 oz / $4.00)
The final product I got, and I'm really excited about!  At first, when I saw this I thought it'd be very childish and not really work, but I used it and was kind of blown away.  The color was a darker, intense pink, almost fuschia like, but much more wearable.  The idea of this lipstick isn't that it changes color on your lips based on your mood, rather it reacts to your body chemistry and turns a shade of pink that would best flatter you.  How exciting!
The color continues to darken up and actually becomes the final shade after about 10 minutes.  I think I swatched this and then took a picture right away, because it's lighter than it looked on my lips.

I'm very pleased with my bag this month!  I like using Ipsy as my makeup bag simply because they have such a wide variety that they send out!  The value is a little over $40, which is pretty darn good in my opinion.   I will continue to get Ipsy because I haven't been disappointed with it yet, and the value is pretty great.

What do you guys think?  Is that lipstick the coolest thing or what?  Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment