Saturday, December 19, 2015

PopSugar Must Have: November 2015

A little less late on the PopSugar boxes, here's my review of the November box!  I'm going to avoid a lot of introduction simply because I've forgotten to take pictures of the actual box or anything other than all the products together - oops!
I feel like this box was a lot better in terms of value for me, however once again I wasn't really blown away.  It's got a wide variety of items that I can appreciate, though!

Let's just get right into it this time!

Deepa Gurnani Katie Crystal Headband - $56
Umm, this is one pricey headband. It's really not worth $56 to me and I'd never pay that much for this on my own, but I'm not going to argue with having it I suppose.  It's gorgeous and looks nice on with just about any hairstyle, up or down.  It does pinch a little bit at the base of my skull, but it feels like all headbands that have this sort of design do that, so it might just be my head.

Tarte Cosmetics Beauty & the Box Eye Shadow "Apple of My Eye" - $22
For me personally, this was the star of the show when I opened the box. Tarte is a well known brand, and I've heard great things about their eye shadows!
All of the shades were ones I instantly fell in love with. Warm neutrals? Sign me up!  They have two matte shades and two shimmery shades.
From top to bottom: Golden Delicious, Caramel, Gala, Honeycrisp.

Imagine my disappointment when I swatched and didn't get what I thought. Maybe I have Tarte on too high of a pedestal or something, but I was so unimpressed with the way these looked.  The displeasure really came from the first shade, which looks like a stunning gold in the pan. However on, it was very lacking in actual color and was just straight glitter. It was relatively patchy and just not what I was hoping for.

Caramel was my personal favorite shade from this quad. It's a very pretty orange brown that is matte. It applied evenly and was relatively pigmented.  I'd reach for this color first out of the entire quad.

West Emory Bingo Set - $20
Okay, let me confess something to you guys. I am a huge bingo nerd. Like, I love bingo.  I will play it at every opportunity I have because it's just that fun for me.  I never thought I'd need a bingo set until I got one, and now this has easily become my favorite item from the box this month.  It comes with a caller card, caller numbers, a few sheets of little silver dots, and eight cards for players. Pretty much everything you need for bingo sans the prizes!

Capri Blue Mercury Jewel Box "Rain" - $18.95
I usually love candles, but I wasn't really to excited with the smell or appearance of this one.  It's a little bit too earthy for me, and it's very rustic looking.  I prefer a more modern look to this.  It's got a wood top with the CB symbol on it (pictured above), and the actual jar for the candle looks more like it's been sitting outside for a few decades. If you're into this sort of stuff it really is pretty!

Gramr Gratitude Co. Exclusive Thanksgiving Postcard Pack - $10
If I sent postcards I think I'd be more excited, honestly.  These are very pretty and I might hang one up on my cork board, but I likely won't do much for sending these or writing notes to people.

Terrapin Ridge Farms Pecan Honey Mustard - $6
So the title sounds a bit sketchy, but this stuff is delicious! My dad and I have been dipping pretzels into this.  It also suggests putting it on a pork roast, which may have to be our next use of it.

A far better box in terms of quality, but not really worth spending $40 each month for me.  If I had that much laying around I'd continue, but for now I think I'll be holding off on any more PopSugar boxes!

What do you guys think?  What's the most exciting thing in this month's box for you? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment