Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Birchbox: December 2015

Hello you guys!  What an exciting week we have going on!  It's Christmas!!  I suppose if you don't celebrate it this week is pretty average to you, but hopefully you can still get hyped up about it!
If anything is going to get you excited for the holidays, it's got to be this gorgeous box!  The box is white with silver little designs on it (as pictured) and the bottom half is a ridiculously fun chartreuse color! Sadly I'm not sure if I have a good picture of the bottom.
The first thing that come out of the box is this $10 gift card off of a $35 purchase! From what I know this can be combined with using points, meaning if you build your points up enough you can buy something for practically free!
Next was the card detailing everything I got this month. The purple is a really pretty color but I'm not sure about it combined with the green!
And now what we've all been waiting for! The products I got in my box this month!

Coastal Scents StyleEYES Eye Shadow Palette "SocialEYES"
(SS: 2 Shadows / $2.67 ) (FS: 9 Shadows / $12.00)
This was the sample choice for the month, you could choose between three eye shadow duos or some texturizing spray and I of course went for the shadows!  For some reason I am absolutely in love with green eye shadows, so you bet that I went for the green and gold combination. These are so beautiful!
I've heard lots of good things about Coastal Scents eye shadows and I'm happy to say I can see where the hype comes from!  I am seriously in love with the way this green looks and the gold is so beautiful

Harvey Prince Sea Salt Texturizing Mist
(SS: .27 oz / $1.08 ) (FS: 6 oz / $24.00)
I am in love with Harvey Prince stuff, so I was excited to see this in my box!  Unfortunately it didn't really do a whole lot for my hair in terms of creating any sort of beach waves, but it smells amazing!  I did spray it on dry hair, which it says on the bottle you can do, but I'll try damp hair and see if that does something different. I naturally have wavy hair, so that might not help with seeing any sort of difference.

JUARA Coconut Illipe Hand & Nail Balm
(SS: .27 oz / $2.16 ) (FS: 2.5oz / $20.00 )
Yummy, this stuff smells amazing!  It definitely smells just like coconut, and it feels amazing on my hands. Perfect timing, considering today is the first day of winter!  My hands are very susceptible to cold weather so I like getting things that will help with that!

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
(SS: 1.06 oz / $6.61 ) (FS: 3.2 oz / $20.00 ) 
You'd think that with the way my hair is I'd use dry shampoo more, but for some reason I don't!  To me this is just like any other dry shampoo but I'll have to test it out a little more before I can really decide if I like it or not. The scent is a pretty typical dry shampoo smell, so nothing fun to report on there. I didn't see a white cast in my hair, so that's a plus!

thBalm Cosmetics "FratBoy"
(SS: ? oz / $1.50) (FS: .3 oz / $21.00 )
Despite the fact that theBalm products are amazing, my favorite thing about them is the packaging hands down. Look at how beautiful this is!  Their themes for everything is adorable, and I can't help but fall more in love every time I see it.
My only complaint comes from the size of the samples we get!  The tip of my pointer finger fits into the pan and that's about it. Getting a blush brush in there is a bit of a joke.  Unfortunately I didn't see a size on this pan so I don't have an accurate value!  I'll be using a guestimate today.
This color is so gorgeous! It's a beautiful flush of color that doesn't look too overdone at all.  Perfect as an every day blush color, especially in the winter time.

Well, that's my Birchbox for the month! I extra loved my box this month for the makeup I got!  It was great quality.  I also love the hand balm I got!  I feel like I can use all of these products and I really like that!

What do you guys think? Are you into green eye shadows as much as I am?  Do you like the smell of coconut too? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment