Thursday, December 10, 2015

Birchbox: November 2015

Ahh, Birchbox. Somehow, you always manage to excite me beyond belief when you arrive. I have yet to be disappointed in a box that I get sent, which is just awesome.  I've only had it for a few months I suppose, but that's not the point.
The box this month is beautiful!  Just look at this pattern!  And the colors are just beautiful.  It's like a chocolatey brown and a mint green, plus this beautiful floral pattern.  I am so happy Birchbox began putting out designed boxes; it seriously has become one of my favorite parts.

The card has a beautiful maroon color on it, which personally adds to the appeal.  All my products are listed here as well!
All my products laid out together this month. I got some great sample sizes, as well as the full size eyeshadow crayon by Tati!  If you guys haven't ever watched her, I highly recommend it! She has quickly become one of my favorite YouTubers around; she truly cares about giving the most accurate reviews possible and it's easy to tell by her channel.  

Enough of that, let's get to the good stuff!

Sumbody Salt Scrub "Milky Rich"
(SS: 1 oz / $1.58 ) (FS: 12 oz / $18.95)
I really enjoyed this body scrub. Unlike others I've tried, it's all scrub.  There's no liquid in it and it feels very gritty, which I love!  I always want my scrubs to feel like they're doing something for me. The scent is pretty subtle, but it smells wonderful.  It's called "milky rich" and really does smell like milk.  It's a bit sweet as well, without being super artificial.  All of the ingredients are natural oils and sea salt, so if you're conscious about that you'll be pleased with this scrub.

Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris
(SS: .06 oz /$2.94 ) (FS: 1.7 oz / $80.00)
I really enjoy perfume samples, but I hate that they take up an entire sample in each box of mine!  It only lasts a few uses and sometimes I even hate the smell, so it's an entire waste of sample.  I do enjoy the smell of this one, however.  I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, as it's not even a spray nozzle. It's a stick that you pull out of the bottle and rub on the desired areas.   The smell is pretty strong, and I get a little bit of a black licorice vibe from it.  It's also a bit spicy.  I really am a fan of this scent, even though it's not something I'd usually pick on my own!
eSalon Perfect Ending Leave-In Conditioner
(SS: 1 oz / $3.00 ) (FS: 5 oz / $15.00)
I really enjoy getting leave in conditioners, as my hair truly needs it!  It's very thick, long, and dry on the ends, but oily on top.  To use this, you put it in the ends of your hair and then brush up to the roots.  The consistency is very runny, but that's not an issue for me; I feel like I use less product because it's easier to apply everywhere.  The smell is pretty darn good, too.  It doesn't smell like hair product at all.  It left my hair feeling a lot softer and looking shinier after it dried, so I'd recommend this for sure!

Make Face Gloss
(SS: .1 oz / $6.25 ) (FS: .4 oz / $25.00)
Let's just say... this is definitely a gloss in every sense of the word.  It's clear when you apply it, and when you rub it into your skin it leaves a subtle, shiny appearance.  However, it remains tacky the entire time you wear it.  I'm not exaggerating.  I applied it and it was sticky, so I just assumed that it would go away after a little bit, like when it dried down. Not the case. A few hours later I touched my cheek and it was still kind of sticky feeling. It wasn't uncomfortable to wear at all, but I really didn't like touching my face and having it feel tacky.  Maybe it's meant to be set with a powder; I'm not 100% sure, but I'll need to look into it.

This personally is a great product for anyone who's relatively new to makeup and who doesn't want to go all out with makeup right away, as it makes a great subtle highlight. That being said, if you don't like sticky face, don't get this.

LOC (Love of Color) One & Done Shadow Stick "Impress Me"
(FS: .05 oz / $10.00) 
And now we're onto the star of the show!  This product is one of five eye shadow sticks and three lipsticks that Tati (GlamLifeGuru) has collaborated with Birchbox on.  The shade that I picked, Impress Me, is a stunning rose gold, kind of shiny brown shade.  It's very unique, and the shine is just beautiful.
Just look at how gorgeous this swatch is.  I made sure to get the best natural light possible so you guys can see just how drool-worthy it is.  Application wise, I would highly recommend using a primer.  Maybe I have oily eyelids or something, but when I used this eyeshadow without primer it creased terribly on me.  With primer, it stayed for 12 hours.  It blends for the first 30 seconds, but after that it is stuck where it is.  Not a bad thing!

Overall, I was pretty pleased with my box.  I love that Birchbox sends out such a wide variety of items; it never feels like I'm always getting the same thing (minus the perfume samples of course, but even then the scents vary greatly).
What do you guys think?  How gorgeous is that shade of eye shadow? Do you own something similar? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment