Friday, December 18, 2015

PopSugar Must Have: October 2015

Hello everyone!  Today I have for you my review of the October PopSugar Must Have box!  A little late, but better late than never, right?
Here's the open box!  Nothing too flashy or fancy, but it's nicely presented. I like the color scheme of pink and white.
They include a gorgeous card with pictures of everything you get as well as details of everything and retail values.

Let's get right into it!

Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling - $25
I love books!  Especially books written by famous people (celebrities, YouTubers, etc).  I'm currently reading Binge by Tyler Oakley and loving it!  Because of this, however, I haven't had a chance to start in on this book!  I've heard good things, so I'm just going to assume that it's awesome and leave it at that.

Savvy Sleepers Luxury Satin Pillowcase - $36
Eh.  This has super high value but personally it really isn't anything special. I've been using it just because I got it, but I really can't tell a difference in my sleep quality.  The case claims to help skin and hair, especially with tangles in hair, but again, not much of a difference.  I personally would never spend $36 on a pillowcase, and this is why. Not worth it.

Easy, Tiger Brown Paper Liquor Bag Set - $8
Another thing I'm really not super excited for!  They're cute and all, but I'm not even old enough to legally drink yet.  I'm going to end up gifting these to someone who will definitely find better uses than me.

Belgian Boys De StroopWafel - $1.59
Now this is something I can get behind for sure!  I love everything about food, and this was delicious!  It's like a waffle cookie, with caramel on the inside, which made it slightly chewy (in a good way!) I would definitely buy more of these, they were so wonderful.  You're supposed to heat it on the rim of your coffee/tea cup and eat it, but I obviously didn't bother with that. It's great either way.

The Honest Company Sea Salt + Sugar Body Scrub - $17

This is one big container of scrub!  It's got the scrub in it to exfoliate, but it also has shea butter and almond oils to moisturize at the same time. Win win!  Honestly I didn't see a huge difference using this scrub versus any other scrubs, but it's a good quality product. If you're willing to spend, I'd say go for it.

Richer Poorer Hope Slipper Socks - $15
I didn't expect to enjoy these socks quite as much as I did, honestly. They're very warm and cozy, and really a wonderful gift for anyone you may know who has cold feet!  The coolest thing about these socks is that they were made specifically for PopSugar for Breast Cancer Awareness month!

It's a 10 Miracle-Leave in Product - $11.96
For some reason I haven't gotten around to using this stuff yet! I feel like I have so many hair products currently that I'd hate to open yet another one up.  However, It's a 10 is seriously an amazing hair brand.  I used their shampoo and conditioner for a long, long time and loved every second of it!

Danielle Stevens Monogram Gift Card - $40
I likely won't be using this. It's a $40 gift card to a monogram shop, that focuses on jewelry. It's really just not in my style so if I find something for under $40 that I actually am into, I suppose I'll use it. Until then it's really not anything too exciting!

Honestly, (and I feel bad saying this), I wasn't too blown away by this month's box. While the value was there monetarily, it had a lot of things that I wouldn't have gone out and purchased myself.  This box feels targeted more towards mature women, so that's likely an issue with me liking the box itself.  Previous boxes had a lot more makeup in it, whereas this box didn't have any!  I wouldn't get this box again but unfortunately I forgot to cancel my subscription in time so I'll be reviewing November's box too!

What do you guys think? What's your favorite item?  Would you pay $36 for a pillowcase? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment