Thursday, December 17, 2015

FabFitFun: Fall 2015

Hello, everyone!  If you're ever on Pinterest, you've probably seen this subscription box plastered everywhere.
It's called FabFitFun, or FFF, and is a quarterly subscription box in which you pay $49.99 and receive beauty, fitness, and lifestyle items, to name a few.
The box came with a wonderful catalog styled info card.  It detailed everything that came in the box as well as prices for each product.

Speaking of the products, let's get onto them!

Gold Radiance Luxury Facial Mask with Collagen and Rose Oil - $65

 Oh my gosh this is one heck of an expensive mask! It came with two, which means each one is worth $32.50.  At that price, it better be a miracle mask or something; there's no way I'd spend that much on a one time use product.

Let me just say, this was a pain in the butt to use!  It's a sheet mask, so you have to fit it on your face just right, and I must have a little head because it refused to fit on my face properly.  The girl in the picture was laying down, which is probably how she managed to keep the darn thing on. Seriously! It refused to stick to my face, and I was constantly readjusting it.  The texture was super slimy and plastic.  A bit like an earthworm but more synthetic.

I didn't notice a change at all to start with, but after about 30 minutes of the mask being taken off, my face did feel a lot smoother.  The box says it has gold essence in it, and after applying the mask my hands did have gold glitter on them. My face didn't look much different, though!

If you guys would like to see this product in use, check out me and my grandma pampering ourselves with it on my Instagram!

FabFitFun x Tappan Collective Umbrella - $32
Honestly, I love this umbrella.  It came in a wide variety of colors, but the pattern is the same.  The picture has the case on it, but you can see the pattern, which says "Rain Rain Go Away" in raindrop shapes!  It really is adorable and I've had to use it (yes, even in November!), and while it is a tad bit small, I still fit under it, which is what matters.

Manna Kadar Cosmetics Lip Stain "Lucky" - $24
For some reason, this picture makes the color look far more neutral than it is!  It's actually a very pretty pinky nude. I'm not sure where they get the idea of this being a stain, because it's got the consistency of a gloss. It's pretty darn sticky, so if that bothers you I would definitely avoid this product.  Unfortunately the color doesn't seem to get as opaque on my lips as it does in the swatch, and it looks a little chunky on.

Flawless Skin Fluid by Doctor D. Schwab - $39
Since I have so many other moisturizers open, I haven't used this one yet.  I have no doubt, however, that it will completely rock my socks and make me fall in love. At least I'd hope, with it being a $39 moisturizer.  There are a lot of cheaper options, so I might have to leave a special review and see how it compares to my cheaper stuff.

Purple Purse Charm by Allstate Foundation Purple Purse
Everyone has heard of October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, but did you know it's also Domestic Violence Awareness month? I didn't either until I received this key chain, but you bet that I clipped this onto my purse and have it proudly displayed.   This is a beautiful purple tassel with a purple purse charm attached to it.

HISY Battery Pack - $24.99
I've never had one of these because I've never really needed one.  I'm always close enough to a charger that I can simply plug my phone into the wall all the time. However, I might end up taking this on my cruise just in case my phone needs a little extra juice during the day!

Strength Tubing Ankle & Total Body Tone with Tubing: Lower Body and Core DVD - $33

I haven't tried this bad boy out yet, mostly because I'm really lazy and just don't feel like it.  However, if you don't have the time or money to go to the gym regularly, I would definitely say this is great for around the home!  It comes with a handy little DVD that walks you through various exercises using this.  As always, make sure you're using it properly! 

Glass Crystal Bead Bracelet by Tribe Alive - $49
This bracelet is really quite beautiful, and it has an amazing idea behind it. The pamphlet says it "works with artisan partners all over the world to employ impoverished women by providing them with a sustainable income".  I can always stand behind a product that helps other people!

Gift Card to Jeweler's Wife - $15
Gift Card to Picture It On Canvas - $75

The Verdict:
If I were 10 years older and about 10 times wealthier, I would easily justify getting this box. Everything in it is very quality, luxurious products that are really designed with the idea of treating yourself.  As it stands, if you're tight on money I would pass on it, simply because the products you get are very pricey and it'd be easy to find a far cheaper alternative.  If you're in my age group (18-24) I might also suggest passing, simply because I feel like there are different boxes that are better set up with our ages in mind. This is a more mature box than I feel is appropriate for me, especially for $50, even if it is quarterly payments.

What do you think? Is anything in the box screaming your name?  Would you spend $65 on two sheet masks?  Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment