Saturday, December 12, 2015

Beauty Box Roundup: November 2015

Even though this post is going up half way through December, it's still my most exciting post of the month!  The post where I get to put my collection of beauty subscription boxes together to compare what I got, and the values of each box for the month, as well as usability!
By the way, yes that is still my Halloween decorations in the background. November was obviously a lazy month.

As always, the math will not be perfect!  I'm a business major, but that doesn't mean my calculations are always on point. However, they should be pretty darn close!  Full size products are marked with an asterisk.

Beauty Box 5
LA Fresh good day. Day Moisturizer: $11.76
*Kaunis Anti-Aging Facial Mask: $14.95
Altchek MD Eye Gel Pads: $4.00
*Fran Wilson MOODmatcher Luxe Twist Stick "Pink": $8.00
*The All Natural Face Vegan Matte Cream Lip & Cheek Color "Dusky Rose": $5.75
Total Box Value: $44.46

Birchbox
Sumbody Salt Scrub "Milky Rich": $1.58
Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris: $2.94
eSalon Perfect Ending Leave-in Conditioner: $3.00
Make Face Gloss: $6.25
LOC One and Done Shadow Stick "Impress Me": $10.00
Total Box Value: $23.77

Ipsy
Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: $7.60
*Crown Brush Deluxe Pointed Crease Brush: $12.38
*Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner "Wild Child": $14.00
Jesse's Girl Cosmetics Eye Shadow Primer: $3.75
*Fran Wilson MOODmatcher Lipstick "Green": $4.00
Total Box Value: $41.73
 -----
TOP PRODUCTS OF THE MONTH:
*Altchek MD Eye Gel Pads - Beauty Box 5

The Verdict: 
Overall, this month was pretty darn good in terms of getting all products that I enjoyed.  Birchbox is consistently pulling the lowest value for each box, however Birchbox is also the one that gives me the most variety and introduces me to some of my favorite products.

While Ipsy's value is pretty high, that's because of two high value items in the bag. In terms of usability, we need to subtract $14 for the Eye Liner that broke right away and was poor quality anyway, and the brush was selling for $4 when I went to look at prices! I included the full retail value, but if we in total subtract the $22, the value of Ipsy this month would be $19.73; yikes!  I really did enjoy the other products, so I'm not upset, but it's kind of crazy to think that so much value relies on one or two products.

That's everything for this month you guys!  What do you think?  Which box was your favorite this month? Did any products really stand out to you? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment