Tuesday, November 24, 2015

TomBox: October 2015

Hello, everyone! I'm back with another new subscription box today!
This one is called TomBox, and it's a monthly subscription box in which you receive your choice of pads/tampons, and get a few beauty items and accessories.  It's $16/month, and you can change your subscription payment dates so you don't receive it every month if you don't want to!  If you're interested, I have a link here!
I got an email from the company offering me a box for $8, so I had to jump on it!  It's looked interesting, but I personally couldn't justify $16 on a box that I didn't know the quality of beforehand.  I have to say, I'm not disappointed!
The pink section had my tampon choice, and these three cute little beauty products!
The first is a sample of Harvey Prince's Perfumista.  I love me some Harvey Prince, but I couldn't quite decide if this was a fragrance I could get on board with.  On the card it describes the notes, but I just think it smells a little too.. perfumey? I mean you'd think that with the name and all, but I'm just not sure about it quite yet.

Silly me forgetting a picture of the yellow box. It's a spa treatment for your feet!  It comes with three different packets; a scrub, a mud masque, and a lotion. I have yet to try it because honestly I just don't treat my feet too kindly. Maybe I'll give it a whirl sooner rather than later.

Finally was a concealer from the brand Nicka K.
This applicator makes me feel super fancy just looking at it, because it was incredibly soft bristles. However, I quickly found that this was not a product for me.
Look at how dark it is on me!  Blending it out didn't do anything in terms of changing the color, either. It's way too orange and dark for my skin, so I definitely put a pass on it and gave it to my little sister, who was blessed with far darker skin than I.

Moving out of the little pink box area, there were a couple items packed to the side.
This is one of them! It's a bundle of 10 bracelets. They aren't cheap, easily breakable plastic, so that's good, but I'm not a huge bracelet wearer.
Now this is something I can stand behind!  It's a small baggie of chocolate, and it's seriously one of the most delicious chocolates I've ever tried.  It's dark chocolate with sea salt.  The salt is very subtle but you can still tell it's there, adding such a delicious switch up in flavor. The chocolate itself is very soft and incredibly easy to eat the whole chunk without realizing you've done it!

The Verdict:
I think this is a perfectly nice box!  I personally wouldn't continue to get it every month, because you just don't need it every month.  (That's a lot of tampons to go through!) While I do enjoy what I got, I'm not sure it'd be worth getting every single month. This would be a far better quarterly box.

I would highly recommend this as a gift for a younger girl (12-14) who's just starting reach "that age". It's really quite a nice gift of various items that will help make her feel more comfortable and just have a more positive experience in general!

What do you guys think? Is this box worth $16? Would you have liked getting it when you were younger? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment