Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Beauty Box Roundup: October 2015

Hello everyone! It's been a little bit since you saw me.  I had a lot going on in college and I wanted to catch back up there, so I put blogging on hold for a bit to ensure there wouldn't be problems in school. Unfortunately my education does take precedent over blogging!  The good news is I'm caught up and can get back on schedule!

This is my favorite post of the month, the one in which I gather every product I received from subscriptions boxes over the course of the month and put them all in a single, convenient place!  I also compare values between each box as well as product usability and determine the best box for the month.  Think of it more as a Birchbox vs. Ipsy vs. BeautyBox every month. This month, however, I'll be adding a fourth box into the mix; Lip Monthly!
As always, my math may not be 100% accurate. I am most definitely NOT a math major, but they should be pretty close!  Full sized products are listed with an asterisk.

Lip Monthly
*Hikari Lip Crayon "Mandarin": $14.00
*Lord & Berry Lip Crayon "Sensuel": $16.00
*Mica Beauty Lip Pot "Velvet Rose": $14.95
*Pencil Me In Eyeliner "Amethyst": $6.99
Total Box Value: $51.94

Beauty Box 5
*Ferro Cosmetics Kabuki Brush: $25.00
*Happy Hands Makeup Wipe: $3.99
*Styli Style Lip Balm "Mischievous Magenta": $4.99
Nubar Mini Nail Polish "Pinktober": $4.99
*Knotty Hair Ties: $4.00
Total Box Value: $42.97

Ipsy
Balanced Guru Body Scrub: $2.87
*Dose Nail Polish "Stormy": $6.67
*Lavanila Laboratories Roller Ball "Pure Vanilla": $12.00
*Skone Cosmetics Eyeliner "Plum": $15.00
theBalm Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick "Committed": $2.72
Total Box Value: $39.26

Birchbox
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara: $8.00
Borghese Purifying Mud Mask: $7.40
Davines Conditioner: $1.37
Davines Shampoo: $7.40
Juliette Has a Gun "Gentlewoman": $1.88
Vasanti Face Rejuvanator: $5.63
Total Box Value: $31.68
-----
TOP PRODUCTS OF THE MONTH:
*Benefit Roller Lash Mascara - Birchbox
*theBalm Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick - Ipsy

The Verdict:
If you guys read the individual blog posts, you'd probably already know how I feel about most of these boxes. The Lip Monthly bag, while the best value of all the boxes, was also the least exciting and the one I'm not too upset about dropping.

I was very underwhelmed by the Beauty Box 5 box, mostly because last month's box was so incredible.  Ipsy's bag really wasn't bad, but again I was kind of underwhelmed with the products I got.

The only box that really impressed me this month was Birchbox. They really stepped it up from last month! The Benefit mascara really is what sold me on it.  It's a little funny, because while it has the least amount of value, it still contains my favorite product of the month!


What box is your favorite? Is there any product you want to try out from any of them? Let me know!

Hugs & Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment