Saturday, November 21, 2015

Walmart Beauty Box: Fall 2015

As someone who can't really afford to buy a lot of high end makeup and skin/hair care products, having a cheap subscription box to test out drugstore products is wonderful!  Precious few dollars cannot be spent on tons of different products, because as we all know, the cheaper the price tag, the greater the risk of low quality products.
Enter the Walmart Beauty Box!  Yes, you read that right.  Walmart has come out with a quarterly box that sends samples of various drugstore products. The best part? The box is technically free, you pay $5 that is for shipping.  I highly doubt shipping this box is $5, but it's a pretty cheap box either way!

It looks a little barren when you open it, and unfortunately the little card doesn't have any product info!
Here's everything pulled out of the box!  This box focuses less on solely makeup and more on the entire beauty routine!

Let's get on to the products!


Act Mouthwash
I don't know about anyone else, but I could totally use travel sized mouthwashes.  Act is a pretty well known brand, so I'm not going to worry about whether this stuff can perform. Really though, it's not a super exciting product; it's just mouthwash.

Aussie Mega Hairspray
From what I remember, Aussie is definitely a pretty good drugstore brand for hair products. I used to use their shampoo until I switched to It's a 10, but I do remember it working well. Unfortunately, I don't use hairspray... ever.  On the bright side, I let my grandma have it and she was pretty excited; she likes Aussie!

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
I love getting moisturizers in sample boxes, because it's always great to try different ones out.  Exploring different options is definitely the best way to find what works best for your skin!  This would be a wonderful daytime moisturizer, as it as SPF in it.  I haven't tried it just yet, as I'm still trying to work out a good makeup routine, but I'm excited to give it a shot soon!

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick "Gladiolus"
Of course, of all the shades I could get, it was red!  I own a lot of red lipsticks now for the amount of times I wear red lips.  I wasn't super impressed with this formula, but I'm not against it either. I'd say it's a very average lipstick.  It's kind of shiny, kind of pretty, but nothing too shocking on the spectrum.  If I'm looking for a red lip, this will be the first thing I go for, though!

Vaseline Advanced Repair Lotion
Again, Vaseline is one of those brands that you don't really have to worry about for quality.  They know what they are and how to do things, and so they do it well.  I'm interested to see how this helps my eczema-dry skin in the long run, so I'll keep you guys posted!

Other Samples
There were a couple little packets of things to try, but no very big samples or anything too crazy.  The perfume didn't smell that good, and the other two samples are so tiny!


Overall, I'd say this kind of feels like a $5 box but I'm really not mad about it. It gives me a good insight into some cheap, quality drugstore products that I might not venture into otherwise.  I'll definitely still get these boxes because it's worth it to try out these products, or to give them as gifts!

What do you guys think? Was this box good? Are there any products in here you already use? Are there any you're dying to try? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment