Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Beauty Box 5: April 2016

Hello, everyone!  The weather has gone immediately from winter to summer; 78 degrees today! I'm not ready to move straight into summer weather yet. Give me back my spring! Okay, rant over.

So, you know how last week was Glam Voxbox week? I think this week it's going to be every-other-beauty-box week.  I have lots of goodies from my mailbox to show you. I promise it's going to be exciting!

For today, I'll be reviewing the Beauty Box 5 for April!  The theme for this month is "Take a Hydration Vacation".  I really like the BB5 themes; and they tend to be pretty good at sticking to them!  Better than any other box I've seen so far!

As always I seem to forget to take a picture of the box (read that as I get too excited and open it before I have a camera handy).  I can definitely see the theme in all the products, which is exciting to me!  It makes me feel like the people at BB5 are really thinking about what they're putting in the box.

Let's jump into it now!

Soapbox Sea Minerals Body Wash
The first item I pulled out is this body wash from Soapbox.  I've gotten their shampoo and conditioner from a Target Beauty Box, but I have yet to start in on them. The same goes for this body wash!  I'm sure it'll be just lovely; there's not really anything super special about it as far as I can tell. The best thing about this product is that if you buy one, the company donates one as well!

Jelly Pong Pong Paradise Pigments "Fig Jam"
I believe that the colors you could get are this one, which is a purpley color (swatch below), or a coral color.  I have wanted to try out Jelly Pong Pong since I've heard of it, so I'm excited to see this in the box!  Since it's in a pot, you have to use either your finger or a lip brush.  The product itself smells amazing. I've never smelled fig jam before, but I'm assuming that's what this scent is.  The color was also sent out just in time for spring!  It's just beautiful. They say you can use this as either a lip color or cheek color, but I'd probably stick to lips for this one; it's really bright!

Maskeraide All Eyes On Me Hydrating Eye Gels
I've said this before and I'll say it again: I love eye gels.  They feel amazing on my eyes, and since my under eye is personally my biggest trouble spot, anything that helps with it is my favorite.  I haven't tried this particular pair out yet, but I'm beyond excited to do it.  They're supposed to brighten, hydrate, and firm the skin under your eye, as seen on the little package it came in.

Chella Moisturizing Lip Pencil "Passionate Pink"
I've heard of Chella's highlighter for your eyebrow, but never their lip pencils. This is beautiful!  The swatch, as always, is below.  I find this to be a very hydrating lip product and a lovely shade.  It's another great spring color, and the product itself is supposed to be very hydrating.  The shape also makes it easy to apply, so yay for that!

Global Beauty Care Green Tea Makeup Remover Wipes
I got this brand last month in my Ipsy bag, but it was a mask.  I'm never one to turn down makeup remover wipes!  I like them so much more than traditional makeup remover that may be liquid. I find the wipes to be a wonderful lazy girl alternative to washing your face off.  As you can see on the packaging, it comes with 30 wipes and is infused with a few different vitamins that are good for your skin.  I haven't opened it up yet, but I'll get a review once I find out how it is for sure!

Here's the swatches.  The top one is the Chella lip pencil, and the bottom one is the Jelly Pong Pong pigment.  They are such beautiful spring colors!  I'm so excited to start going out and wearing them now that it finally feels like spring.

Well, that's a wrap this month!  I don't put the values of products or whether they're full sized on here anymore, but just to give you guys an idea of value: the two lip products alone are almost $40.  Since this box is $12 a month, you are getting such a good value with it.  I recommend it for sure if you're looking to expand your collection and have an open mind. Since there is no quiz or box personalization, I would avoid this if you're pretty set on what you like getting or if you have any major sensitivies/allergies.

What do you guys think?  Would you wear a purple lip color?  Do you prefer when boxes keep up with a theme? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment