Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Target Beauty Box: April 2016

Hello everyone!  If you've never heard of this box before, you're probably thinking: since when did Target get a beauty box? What's going on with this?  Fear not, I'm hear to answer!  The Target Beauty Box is not a subscription box; rather, it is a box Target comes out with about once a month that you have to buy from the website. It is not available in stores and usually sells out within the day, most times within hours.

The price point is anywhere from $5-$7.  Recently they're been $7, but for what you get it is absolutely worth the price point.

They usually include one full size lip product and a TON of travel size samples.  I have yet to get a sample from the Target Beauty Box that had me scratching my head and thinking "really?".  As you can see above, there is so much stuff for only $7!

They even include a small information card!  It includes the brand, product, and a small description of each item.  This is better than some regular subscription boxes, so that's pretty cool!  I enjoy having this card around for quick reference if I have a question about what a product is. I'd rather not search Target.com to find what I have.

Let's just go ahead and hop into what I got this month!

Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation
I'm excited to see this in my box because I've been wanting to try out some drugstore foundations but have been nervous about just buying it.  Mine came in the shade 20 Classic Ivory, however there were various shades sent out for each person. While I think this will match me, if someone with darker skin got this they probably wouldn't be too happy.   That's the problem with including color specific products in boxes without quizzes; you can send someone a product that will not work for them!

Laneige Water Bank Soothing Mask
You guys probably already know that I love sheet masks, and this is no different! They make lazy girl skincare so easy!  Laneige seems to be in every Target box. While I don't have an issue with it personally, if you're someone who doesn't like brand repetition you may want to take note of this.

Pantene AIRspray Hair Spray
There isn't a whole lot of hold in this hairspray, but it's not necessarily meant to be super hold; it's flexible hold.  The cool thing about this spray is that it's alcohol free, which means it won't dry your hair out quite so much. Also it smells like apples when it gets sprayed!  I am in love.

CoverGirl Colorlicious Lipstick "Tempt Berry"
Here's the full size lip product I got this month! Unfortunately the tip got smooshed on its way to my home, but that's okay!  This is a super pretty berry red color.  A little dark for me and for spring (I want corals and baby pinks!), but I can look past that.  They send different colors to each box, so while I got this color, you may have gotten a pink nude. It's all chance!

Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport SPF 30 Lotion
Yay, sunscreen! I know that's a weird thing to be excited for, but I can't seem to find any that isn't painfully expensive.  I know that this is a great brand, unfortunately one I wouldn't invest in.  I'm okay with using the Target brand stuff.  Since I have this though I'll be using it until it's all gone come summer time!

Marlowe No. 022 Body Butter
I've never actually heard of this brand before.  I think the packaging is pretty cool looking, but I've never seen this in store. I guess I don't look at lotions very often; I get so many it's unbelievable.  Anyway, this seriously looks like high end stuff; it's very minimalist and yet looks so pretty!

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
I've heard a lot about these cleansing wipes!  Mostly good things, thankfully.  I love facial wipes, and if I find that getting samples is the best way to keep from wasting money on ones that don't work for me.  When I crack these open I'll be giving my two cents on these.

CeraVe Healing Ointment
 I wasn't really sure what to think of this for a while. What exactly is it for? Any skin? Your face? I still am not exactly sure, so I'd rather not put it on my face just in case.  I have eczema, so I definitely deal with major dry skin.  I'll have to test this and see what I think!

Well, that's the April Target beauty box!  Like I stated before, the value for your money is just ridiculous!  The thing I love most about this box is that if you fall in love with a product, you won't be spending an entire paycheck to get it.  This is such a convenient box for those who would like to try a "subscription" box but don't want to commit or are on a budget and are looking for samples before you buy.

What do you think? Is it worth $7? Would you like to see Target make this a subscription? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment