Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Venus Swirl Razor and Shaving Cream Review #ChoosetoSmooth

Hello everyone!  What a wonderful start to the week we have so far! It's been nice and sunny; perfect spring weather. 

Speaking of good weather and spring and breaking out shorts, I've got a lovely review of the razor and shaving cream in my Glam Voxbox to start the week!  I'm planning on getting all my reviews out of the way this week since I don't have any sub boxes (yet!) for April.

Let's jump right into this!

Here we are!  This razor isn't one of those cheapo razors you buy in a 24 pack and throw away after one use.  It is quality stuff. And, if you're anything like me, spending this kind of money on a razor just isn't in your budget.  This razor here is $12.99 at Target. Yowza!  That isn't me including the travel size can of shaving cream that comes with it.

 When you pull it out of the package this is what you get. It has the handle, with the awesome little "flexi-ball", and then the actual razor.  The little ball is there to help the head of the razor move with the contours of your body, resulting in an even closer shave.  As weird as it may be to get super detailed, it really gets into your leg creases and armpits really well. There's nothing I hate more than lifting my arm and seeing hair I missed.

Here's another picture of it all assembled.

Finally, there's a close up of the razor itself. It's got 5 blades and some solidified lotion to help make a smoother shave!

Using this razor is pretty freaking awesome.  The shave itself is smooth and really easy to do. It only took one pass on my (very hairy) legs and they were hairless!  The handle fits into my hand perfectly, making it even more comfortable to use.

I don't have a lot to say about the shaving cream, honestly. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but it's just like every other cream. It foams up and smells wonderfully of lavender.  I didn't notice anything super special about it. Quick sidenote: did you know you can use hair conditioner as a shaving cream?  So if you have any conditioner you don't like or a half full bottle just sitting around, don't get rid of it; use it as an alternative to buying new shaving cream!

If you are a very busy person who needs to do things quickly, this razor would be perfect for you.  However, if you have some time and are willing to put some effort into shaving, a disposable razor will probably do you just as well as this.  That being said, I am so grateful for having this to use!  It gave me a really quick, easy shave that felt smooth afterwards.

That's a wrap for this one!  I'm so glad I got the chance to try this razor out! I'd never splurge on something this expensive, but I'm okay with a not-as-perfect shave. Influenster sent me these products to review for free, but it doesn't influence the way I feel about them!

Would you guys pay this much for a razor? What are your go-to "shaving cream" hacks? Do you even use it? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment