Saturday, April 23, 2016

Birchbox: April 2016

Hello, everyone!  Wrapping this week up is going to be my Birchbox!


Oh my gosh, I am beyond in love with Rifle Paper Co. Anything evenly slightly pertaining to it or looking something like it immediately becomes my favorite item ever. This box is no different.  I have to find some way to display this piece of gorgeous in my room.  Its beauty must be shown to the world!

Look, a card I remembered to take a picture of!  It has all of the information about each product, including the price of the full size item if you really love it.  Super useful information, especially if you're a beginner to the beauty world or it's a unique product!

Not very much for makeup this month. That's pretty common for Birchbox but it feels especially true this month. I do like the wide array of products offered, however!  It feels like a nice balance of skincare and haircare, with a little makeup thrown in there.

Let's jump into the reviews now!

amika Silken Up Dry Conditioner
I've heard of dry shampoo, but never of dry conditioner!  As far as I can tell it's meant to make your hair feel less "clean" like a dry shampoo, and more soft, like you just conditioned? That would make the most sense!  Amika products smell wonderful, and I do have a dry shampoo in this brand too.  Maybe I'll try them out together and see what happens. Hair cocktail!

Au Naturale Mini Face Palette "Lively"
This was one of the most disappointing samples I have ever gotten in any box of mine.  It's really hard to see in the picture, but my finger barely fit into each pan.  On top of that, it was almost impossible to get any product out of them without making a mess.  I wish there was some way to get each pan out without tearing it all apart but since it's plastic I'm not too hopeful.

The product itself is pretty, but I haven't applied it to my face just yet.  They're all a cream consistency.  I'm just so turned off by the packaging, I'm not sure if I want to put that much effort into using these.  Also, the shadow is very subtle; it was hard to get a lot of good color.

The bottom swatch is the lipstick, the middle is the blush, and the top is the shadow (yes, there is a swatch there).

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!  Deep Conditioning Mask
I seem to be getting all sorts of Briogeo this month! They've both been from this line, as well.  This is the deep conditioning mask.  I have yet to try it out, but I also own about a million other hair masks and deep conditioners right now.  This will be on the back burner for now!

derma e Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Charcoal masks are so in right now! I own a lot of derma e samples and I've heard good things. Currently I have a lot of masks in que to use, but this one might get bumped up.  I have major problems with my pores right now, so I'm excited to see if this helps at all!

Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Solution
Another hot trending product!  Micellar water has become one of the most popular cleansing products on the market, and it seems like everyone is talking about it!  I've been interested in trying it out, but I haven't wanted to invest in a large bottle if it's not good for me, so I'm glad to see this in my box.

Well, that's it!  I got a great mix of products, and a couple that I'm beyond excited to try out.  The micellar water and charcoal mask will be perfect for me right now.  The only product I'm disappointed in is the makeup sample; it's too small to even use and the shadow has no pigment.

What do you guys think? Have you ever used micellar water?  Do you like using charcoal for your face? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment