Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Cutex Advanced Revival Nail Polish Remover Pads Review

Hello, everyone! I'd like to apologize for the gap in posts last week to this week; I had a lot of things happen to me at once and I just wanted to take some time to myself.  Good news though, I'm back on track!

Today I'll be reviewing the Cutex Nail Polish Remover Pads.  The idea is that instead of using a cotton ball with some acetone to remove nail polish, you use these individual pads soaked in acetone and various oils to take it off.
I got a small box with three individually wrapped pads.  A box of these comes with 10 instead of 3 and costs $3.99 on Drugstore.com.
Here is a list of all the ingredients that are in it. As you can see, acetone and water are the top two, with a few different oils to help "strengthen and condition" your nails.
This is what they look like out of the package.  Let me tell you guys, the smell is still pretty darn strong. I feel like it almost smells stronger than just plain acetone on a cotton ball.


I went ahead and took a before and after picture (the before picture looks terrible, but you guys get the idea).  I'm not sure if because I took the pad out and let it sit for a bit, but I could only get eight of my nails done before the pad completely dried out and I could not get any more polish to come off.  I had to go back with a cotton ball and get the rest of the polish off.

It was kind of difficult to get my nail polish off with the pad. I really had to scrub to get it started. That being said, I had a base coat, nail polish, and top coat on. I think if you just had nail polish without anything else (like I normally do), these would work just fine.

As for it doing any strengthening and conditioning, it's impossible for me to tell after one use.  I personally don't think it did much, but if you own a larger pack and paint your nails more often than I do you will likely see better results.

One thing I also have to recommend is to be sure you use the pad as soon as you open the packaging.  I think it would be able to do all 10 nails if you start right away and work quickly.  Honestly though, I feel like this is not a necessary product to have. It's not way better than a regular cotton ball and nail polish remover, but it's kind of convenient if you're an on-the-go person.

I got this product for free from Influenster, but that in no way changed my opinion of the product!

What do you guys think?  Are these better than a regular cotton balls? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment