Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ipsy: April 2016

Hello, everyone!  Now that I don't have two of my classes anymore, I have 7 more hours of free time in my life. It's hard to use it properly!  However, I think I've sufficiently occupied myself by picking up a new hobby: bullet journaling! Totally side tracking right now.  This week we are reviewing a few different beauty boxes/bags that I got.  Today, it's Ipsy!


This month's Ipsy bag is so pretty, and unique!  I think everyone's bag is a little different because they're all kind of separately tie dyed? I could be making this up but I don't think I am. Either way, gorgeous!  I love the colors together; they're very Spring time.  A little psychedelic too, which fits the theme of "Dream on".

Here's my lovely collection of products for the month! With that, let's get right into this bag!

Tarte Cosmetics LipSurgence Lip Creme "Wonder"
The first product in my bag is this Tarte Lip Creme!  It's a super pretty dark pink color that would be pretty good for someone who isn't comfortable with wearing bright colors but still wants a spring-like shade.  Tarte is a really popular brand too, so that makes it extra exciting!  I'll get back to you guys on how this product works.  As per usual, the swatch is below.  Do you guys like that? Or would you rather me put the swatches right below each item?  I'm curious.


Adesse New York Organic Infused Gel Effect Nail Lacquer "Irina"
Honestly, when I saw this in my bag I felt kinda eh about it.  It's super pretty, but to me it's not really a spring color.  If it were lighter and more lilac, I'd be all over it. As it stands it looks really grey and I'm just not feeling those colors. I want pastels, darn it!  That being said, the quality of the polish is great!  I also think the "organic" part of it is really interesting, if that's something you're super interested in.

Here's the color on my nail!  Like I said, it's a little bit too grey for me personally. Doesn't make it any less beautiful though.

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Gel to Oil Overnight Repair Treatment
I have to say, this is the most disappointing product I got in my bag this month!  It's not that it's a bad product at all.  However, this is an overnight treatment that you're supposed to rinse out in your morning shower. The problem is that I don't take showers in the morning, I take them at night.  It's kind of funny, too, that I got a different Briogeo product in my Birchbox.  We'll see what happens with this, but I'll likely gift it to someone else.

 Starlooks Cream Eye Shadow "Rose Gold"
This was super pretty swatched! I've never used a cream shadow before, so I was super excited to test it out, too!  However, when I put it on my lids I must have done something wrong; it looked really bad really fast.  It broke down on my lid and was just a mess.  I wasn't wearing primer and just slapped it on quick, so that's probably what happened with this. Either way, I'll reupdate with more information as I try this out more!  The swatch is at the bottom of the post!

Crown Brush C427 Duo Fiber Blush Brush
Funny, I didn't even realize that this was supposed to be a blush brush!  I'm not exactly sure if the duo fiber does anything special for me, but I love this brush to apply my highlight.  I think this would be great for a beginner makeup person because there are some grooves for where your fingers should go to hold the brush.

Here's the lip product and cream shadow swatched! They are both so freaking pretty.  The shadow looks less like a rose gold and more like a regular gold in this swatch and applied.  I'm so excited to start using these!

Well, that's it for my Ipsy bag!  I wasn't as hugely impressed with it as I usually am, but there's always bound to be bad months and good months.  I'm not thinking about ending my subscription any time soon because I am still in love with every other bag thus far!

What do you think? What do you think of as a spring color?  Should I put swatches under each product instead of at the end? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment