Saturday, April 16, 2016

Shea Moisture Anti-Aging Trio Review

Hello, everyone! Today I'm going to finish off Glam Voxbox week (or two weeks at this point) with my Shea Moisture Anti-Aging Trio review!

The trio includes a face scrub/wash, a mask, and a moisturizer.  They all have similar properties and are made with two ingredients listed on the front: Frankincense and Myrrh.  They also contain raw Shea butter (as you would assume by the brand name).

Left is before using all three products, and right is after. There isn't a huge difference in the two, aside from my skin looking slightly less red (forehead) and shiny.  Could also have been the lighting so I wouldn't take these pictures too seriously as an indicator of quality.

I started off by using the scrub.  It says you can apply it with either a wet face or dry face. Since I was feeling lazy I left my face dry and slathered this on.  It was a nice scrub to use, but I felt like there weren't enough scrubby particles to feel like much got done.  I prefer physical scrubs that really almost hurt.  I know that's weird to say but it just makes me feel like something's really happening.

The face mask was next. They recommend leaving this on for 5-10 minutes, so I left it on for about 7 minutes. It didn't do a whole lot for me except made my face feel super tight and dry, so it'll probably be better if you have oily skin and not dry skin like me.

Finally, I put on the moisturizer, and my face felt a little better after the mask.  It was just like any other moisturizer I've tried, so good but not crazy amazing.

Overall, these were pretty average products. Nothing super wonderful but they weren't necessarily bad.  I probably won't go out to buy these as soon as I'm out, but I would use them if I got them again.

One thing to note is that the products all smell very strong. It's a pleasant scent for me but if you don't like overly floral smells I'd pass on these.  It even lingered for a few hours after they were washed off.

As with other Glam Voxbox products, these were sent to me free for review. However, that hasn't changed my opinion in the slightest!

What do you think?  Would you buy them? Do you like the smell of Frankincense?  Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment