Thursday, April 28, 2016

Lancome Haul + GWP

Hello, everyone!  A while ago (probably close to a month or two; yikes!) Lancome had this amazing deal. If you bought $35 worth of products, you got this 7 piece gift set.  I'm kind of a sucker for free things, so I carefully perused the counter and found two items (totaling up to about $42) and then called it good!
Here's everything in the gift-with-purchase set!  It came with a bag, two face creams, a mascara sample, a lipstick, concealer, and powder foundation. There were some choices with this purchase, including what creams you wanted, whether you got the foundation/concealer or the primer/blush, and the color of your lipstick.

Before I get into the gift set, I'm going to show you guys the awesome new lipsticks I got!

Color Design Matte Lipstick "Inconspicuous"
The first lipstick I got was the Color Design Matte Lipstick in the shade Inconspicuous (128).  It's such a pretty brown nude color!  I'm absolutely in love with brown nudes right now, mostly because the pink nudes I find tend to be too light and don't show on my lips properly.  The swatch shows a much more caramelly color, but it's so pretty!  One of these will run you $23, and they have 5 shades on the website in the matte color. Obviously they also have the cream based colors if you prefer that!

Color Design Matte Lip Crayon "Contain Yourself"
 The next item I got was the Color Design Matte Lip Crayon in the shade Contain Yourself (110).  I'm a little confused as to what this color actually is!  In the store it looked very orange, and in a video with Dani, it's completely orange on her. However, if you look at the swatch it's far more red on me!  I was hoping for a more orange color just because I own plenty of reds, but I won't complain.  One of these costs $24, and there's 10 shades to choose from. 

That's it for the haul!  Now I'll move on to the GWP, which is the star of the show personally!
First, you got to choose a bag. I went with this beautiful white and pink bag with script written on it.  It's a very large bag, and can fit quite a bit of makeup in it (a full face).  I threw a beauty blender, foundation, concealer, giant bronzer, highlighter, blush, and mascara.  There was still some space, but it's not quite wide enough for any brushes to fit if they aren't travel sized.

There were three different lip colors to choose from, and I picked this gorgeous pink shade called Love It.  Unlike the two lip products I bought, this one is a cream finish and not matte.  That's okay; variety is the spice of life! Or however that saying goes.  It's such a pretty color, I'm glad I chose it! The other choices were another brown nude, and a super bright fuchsia pink.

There were three different sets that you could get of their skincare line. My set was directed at younger skin, and focused less on wrinkes and more on dark circles, evenness, and moisturizing. The Visionnaire is a day cream that plumps the skin and attacks pores, wrinkles, and skin texture.

The Genefique Yeux (thank goodness I'm typing these and not saying them out loud) is focused solely on the eye area.  It's meant to diminish the appearance of dark circles, fine lines, and bags.  I tend to have issues with my circles so this is awesome!  Plus the full size of this is $67; yikes!

The next two products were this matching foundation and concealer!  The foundation is in the shade Buff II 220, and the concealer is in the shade Clair II.  The foundation is obviously in a powder format.  I got this set over the primer/blush because at the time I didn't own any foundations that matched my skin (the one I had was 3 shades too light), however now that I own my MAC foundation I probably won't ever use this.

The concealer, when I tried it out, was way too orange for my skin for some reason.  It must have been my lighting.  I gave it to my friend and she's loving it, so I'm happy about that!

Finally, I got one of their most popular mascaras!  It is Definicils, and the product focus is to separate and lengthen lashes.  It is listed as their most popular mascara "for over 15 years", so I'd imagine it better be good!  I have lots of mascaras right now to try out, so this one will have to wait but I'm excited to see how it looks on me!

Well, that's it!  I thought the lipsticks and the free gift were too good to pass up and show you guys. If you have a chance to check out some free GWP from these brands, do it!  The more high end brand gift with purchase are always amazing price for what you get, and if you like using their products but aren't willing to shell out a bunch of money without trying it first, this is a great option!

What do you guys think? Have you ever tried a Lancome product before? Are there any you want to try out? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment