Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo Review

Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you a review on a product I'm sure a lot of you have heard of; the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo. Woo, what a mouthful.

I have a bit of a history with this product, to be honest.  Way back when, when I'd first heard of dry shampoo and how great it was, this is the first stuff I ever bought.  I went to my local ShopKo and picked up the big bottle of this.  Perhaps I'm a little bit biased because of that? Probably not.


I find myself impressed with the quality of this product, especially for the price. The full size bottle is 7oz and costs $4.79 at Target.  Influenster sent out the travel sized bottle. Unfortunately I put it in my gym bag and promptly lost it.

There isn't a scent that I can pick up other than a standard "dry shampoo" smell. You guys know the one.

I don't get a white cast that is left in my hair when I spritz it in.  With some dry shampoos, the "spray" leaves a white color in the roots of your hair.  This can usually be solved anyway by rubbing the product into your roots or perhaps not spraying as much product as you are.

The NYM dry shampoo leaves my hair feeling very soft and fresh, which is wonderful for those of us with thick hair that gets greasy quickly. Especially if you are someone who does not like to wash your hair every day (and you aren't supposed to anyway!).

Overall I really enjoy this product. There's a lot of high price tag dry shampoo's I've tried and in my opinion this has stood up to them just as well.  I highly recommend going out and buying this if you don't have a dry shampoo you love in your arsenal already, or even if you're just looking to change things up.

As stated before, this product was sent to me for free to test. That does not mean it changed my opinion in any way!

What do you guys think? Do you use dry shampoo? What's your favorite brand? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment