Friday, March 18, 2016

Ipsy: March 2016

Yay, finally something you guys are interested in!  My Ipsy came in really early this month (my other boxes haven't arrived or even shipped yet!), so it's going to be my first review!

Since I am slightly changing my format of posts, I'm going to explain what I'm doing right now!  Instead of waiting until the end of the month so I try out the product and leave a mini review, I'm going to leave a first impression of the products, and do a separate post leaving my review of each individual product. When the post goes live I will leave a link on the title of the product itself, so if one of the products sounded intriguing to you, you can check out a full, tried and true review of it!

I decided to implement this style over in-depth reviewing each month simply because I don't want to have 5 mascaras open at one time. That's a waste of mascara and money on my part by not using the products I receive.

Now to the actual post!

The bag came in two variations this month; I got the green with red swirls. The other option is red with green swirls.  It looks a lot more teal/blue in my picture, but it's still pretty!

Let's get right into things!

Global Beauty Care "Dead Sea Wash-off Mask"
 
First item I pulled out of my bag was this mask.  It's a mud mask made from salts and minerals from, you guessed it, the Dead Sea.  In my opinion you can never have too many face masks!  This one sounds intriguing, but you never know how much you can trust from packaging.  This mask claims to do quite a bit: "draws out dirt and impurities", "peels away dead skin cells", "helps to restore elasticity and fortify the skin with essential moisturizers", "stimulates and beautifies your skin and body", and finally, is good for all skin types.  I'm interested to see how accurate this claim happens to be!
Make Up For Ever "Step 1 Skin Equalizer-Hydrating Primer"
 I do have to say that I have quite a few primers so I likely won't be trying this one out for a while. I've heard great things about MUFE, so I'm sure it'll work pretty well.  There are quite a few different primers in this line; Ipsy tells me 10.  Mine was the most basic kind, the hydrating one, however there are various tinted kinds, as well as some specific for other skin problems.

Skone Cosmetics "Insanely Intense Tattooed Eyeliner in Jet Black"
 
Again, I have so many other eyeliners I really don't want to open this one up until I'm ready to use it. From what I've heard, it's similar to the Kat Von D liquid liner.  It's got a felt tip, and claims to be waterproof, smudge proof, and lasts all day. It even claims to last through a workout; maybe something for me to test?  There isn't a whole lot to say left to say about a black eyeliner.

Living Proof "Perfect hair Day Dry Shampoo"
 
Living proof seems to have taken the beauty world by storm lately, and I'm really excited to see how this dry shampoo does for me!  I have major hair issues with getting super dry ends and a really greasy scalp at the same time, so dry shampoo is my best friend. I have a ton of different cans of it, but I'll be getting to this stuff soon!  

Nudestix "Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic"
 
Nudestix is a great brand for those of us who are huge fans of neutral colors that are every day wearable shades and are good as a woman on-the-go.  I personally love neutral colors and so I'll be getting a ton of use out of this product. The swatch is absolutely gorgeous!  It's a very neutral brown shade with a subtle pink hue to it.  I'm really excited to give it a whirl.
 
Overall, my bag this month was pretty basic. I'm not super crazy about it, but I'm not disappointed or anything.  I always prefer more makeup from my Ipsy because Birchbox sends more skincare and hair care.  That being said, I do enjoy the changing up that I get by using the products from Ipsy; I got a lot of well known brands and products I've never had a chance to use before.

What do you guys think?  What stands out the most to you this time?  Is that nude shade something you'd wear? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment