Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weekly Goal Update: 3/12/16

Hello, everyone!  It's time for my weekly update post, where I leave a review of how I did for goals I set for myself at the beginning of there year. Let's see how I did this week.

Work out at least 3x a week.
I didn't do three times this week, but I did do two times!  After a chat with a good friend of mine who is big into working out, I just had this huge motivation kick.  It finally clicked with me that just because I don't work out every day or when my schedule says I need to doesn't mean I should just avoid working out altogether!  For some reason it just really helped me out, so I ended up going on Thursday and today. I probably won't be able to make it tomorrow because I have lots of plans and work, but next week is spring break, so I'm going to get some serious work done!

Use planner daily & keep it updated.
Because I've been doing so well on keeping this goal up, I think I'm going to take this goal off of my list; it's become a habit!

Post blog post every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
Obviously that's not something I have started quite yet, but I've been doing a lot of planning. I think my blog is going to move from subscription boxes to product reviews.  I'll still do makeup subscriptions (Birchbox, Ipsy, Beauty Box 5, etc.) but do other posts to review products that I've tried from the boxes.  I think it'll be a better fit to what I'm looking to do with my time!

Wear makeup more often.
I've been wearing a lot of lip products this week, but not very much for anything else. I don't wear a lot of face products or eye products except mascara, but I'm going to try and start!  It goes along with the direction I'm moving this blog to!

Paint nails.
I even put this on my to-do list for the week, but we can see how well that worked!  I still haven't done it, but I will soon!  A lot of free time next week leads to me being bored and wanting things to do!

Create & follow a skincare routine.
I've still only been using moisturizer in the mornings and at night when I remember, but I'm really trying to find a good cleanser I want to start using!

Start to follow a bedtime (12; midnight).
I still haven't been doing this unfortunately, my sleep schedules fluctuates based on how tired I feel that day!

Wake up at a regular time (7:15am).
I haven't been getting up that early, but I have been starting to get up early enough every morning for breakfast, so no arguing there!

Attend all classes regularly.
If there's one thing I can be proud of, it's that I always go to my classes!  This semester has been very good for that reason. This might also be taken off of my goals list because I'm pretty good at making it to class every day.

Keep desk cleared off.
Unfortunately I seem to have put more things on my desk than taken off, so that's not quite done yet!

Finish homework right away.
Every assignment has been turned in on time, so that counts for something, right?

Take vitamins/fish oil daily.
I have been taking my gummy vitamins every day!  They were a great purchase for me personally.

Eat breakfast every morning
Not a full breakfast still, but I have been eating a little something every day, or at least bringing along  something to class to snack on.

Keep room clean.
Same thing with my desk.  I've been letting things slowly accumulate, shame on me!

Read a chapter a day.
It's again a matter of making the time to do it more than actually having trouble doing it.  Spring break may mean I pull out a book or two from my shelf to finish!

Drink 8 cups of water a day.
Nope.

Watch finances more.
Not this week! I've been bad about buying whatever sounds nice to have.

Do more DIY decorations.
Not quite, I'll need to work on trying to find more ways to use what I have in an interesting way.

Well, that's it for now! I promise some real, good content will be coming your way soon!  My Ipsy came in the mail today and I bought an awesome little Sephora kit I'll show you guys soon.

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment