Saturday, October 3, 2015

Beauty Box Roundup: September 2015

Hello everyone! It's time for a beauty box roundup, a post in which I summarize and compare every beauty box I receive throughout the month! This includes the brands, sample sizes (or full size products!), and values.

Please note that some of the dollar values for the samples may not be 100% accurate. My math is definitely not the best, and when it's not a full size product or I have to convert from ml to ounces, my numbers may not be exact. However, it should be close!
Everything from this month!
Asterisks are placed next to all full sized products I receive!

Let's get to the good stuff!

Birchbox:
12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment: $5.25
Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (24-Hour Miracle Cream): $1.90
English Laundry Eau de Parfum No. 7 For Her: $1.32
Harvey Prince "Hello" Body Cream: $.92
*ModelCo Ultra Long Lasting Lipstick Trio "Smitten": $6.67
Total Box Value: $16.06

BeautyBox5:
*Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Crayon "Well Played": $14.00
Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Gentle Clarifying Treatment: $1.00
*BellaPierre Shimmer Powder "Snowflake": $19.99
Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Lip + Cheek Stain: $8.05
*Harvey Prince "Sincerely" Mini Roller: $21.00
Total Box Value: $64.04

The Verdict:
As you can see, that is one heck of a difference in value per box.  While I am aware that Birchbox values range from $15 - $40, it's still mind boggling to see the difference. Granted, I only got one "full sized" (however part of a trio) product in my Birchbox versus 3 full sized products in my Beauty Box, I have a clear winner for value this month. I really hope that Birchbox steps up their game, because I'm not a fan of seeing such a big discrepancy in pricing.

What really matters though, is the use I'll get out of every product.  I feel like both companies sent all products that I'll actually use up, so props!  I'll definitely remain a subscriber to both for at least a little while longer!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment