Thursday, September 24, 2015

Birchbox: September 2015

I'm so excited for this post!  It's my September Birchbox! (You already knew that if you read the title, though.)

What is Birchbox?
Birchbox is a monthly subscription service in which you receive a variety of beauty product samples, ranging from hair, makeup, skin, and even lifestyle products!  It's $10 per month, and if you're interested, you can check it out here!
No Birchbox, YOU'RE beautiful.
This box is gorgeous! It's something I could definitely keep and use for little gifts, or just to hold some of my own stuff!
Here's what my box looked like when I opened it up.  It has its fancy little info card, and all the products. The little box had my super tiny samples!

Speaking of super tiny samples, wow.  The biggest one is the hair treatment, and that's really not too big.  I'm interested to see how actually using these products is going to go. Moving on!

What's in my box this month?

12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment
I haven't had a chance to use this product just yet, but I'm certainly interested to try it out. I've seen a lot of reviews that were mixed; however, since my hair isn't oily and its pretty thick, I don't think there'll be an issue with it.  The instructions say it should be used before blow drying or swimming, but since I never go swimming and I do NOT blow dry my hair, I'll just have to see how it works without doing either!  Also, the smell is amazing.  It has only the slightest smell of hair product, otherwise it smells kind of fruity, but not really bright. It's $21 for the full size product.

Oh my gosh this sample is so small.  It's as big as the fragrance sample and only a little bit wider.  There is no detectable fragrance (at least to me).  It applies really smoothly, but I didn't use enough to actually test how well it works. I didn't think about it when trying the lotion I got this month, so I'll just have to put in another post how the product does. There's a lot of positive reviews about it right now though, and it was definitely the one I was most excited for!  There's a bit of discrepancy between the card and the website for pricing. The card says $16 for full size, however the website says $28. I might be misreading something, but I'd go by the website for now.

English Laundry Eau de Parfum No. 7 For Her
I really enjoy getting fragrance samples in my boxes, especially because I have such a wide range of tastes when it comes to smells that I don't really use one bottle. Buying an entire bottle of perfume would be a waste for me.  The card says "bright" and "flirty" with "alluring hints of masculine musk."  It has a little stronger than hints of musk, because the scent is very mature.  Like the kind of smell fancy adult ladies wear.  I'm going to stick with my Harvey Prince scent for now, but if I'm feeling like changing it up, I'm not opposed to going for this product next.  The full size product is $90 for 3.4 oz.
ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick Trio in "Smitten"
I could have gotten one of three colors from this lipstick brand, and while this isn't the one I was hoping for, its not the bright red color, which I'm thankful about.  I don't wear lip products basically ever, so I'm trying to venture out.  I recently used a lip stain, which looked good, but it was subtle. This color, Smitten, is described as a "deep, cranberry red", which sounds like a wonderful color for fall; I'm just worried it'll be a little much for me.  However, I got into these boxes with the idea of exploring makeup, so maybe I'll actually try it out! 
It applied incredibly smoothly, and I had to do some major scrubbing to get the swatch off.  It looks pretty matte on the lips, but also feels kind of drying at the same time.  On top of that, it does leave product behind in the kiss test. However, it looks nice on, and that's what counts!  It's $20 for all three of the lip colors together.

Harvey Prince Hello Body Cream 
I'm a pretty big fan of this product.  I have eczema (read as chronically dry skin), so finding lotions that help with my skin is a bit of a challenge.  I applied it to the inside of my elbows, my biggest problem area, and immediately saw results. It moisturized and made the area look a lot more healthy. There was a little bit of burning sensation, which I assume comes from the fact that this product is infused with the perfume scent "Hello".  I am noticing some dryness coming back about an hour later, but because of what eczema is I'm not surprised at all.  I also tried to be conservative with my use of the product because I feel like there's just not much in the tube!  I can already tell this will be my go to product for lotions until it's gone. A full size container is $22.
 
Value 
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my box this month.  Not only is the box itself incredibly cute, the products that came in it were all good so far.  I have yet to try out two of them, so my opinion might change, but until then I'll remain content. My only complaint is the size of the samples; they really are tiny!  In my Beauty Box this month I got three full size products, and the box is only $2 more.  However the quality of Birchbox's website and the fact that the products are still very nice is enough to keep me coming back.

What do you guys think of my box this month? Are the sample products usually this little?  Have you tried any out? Any brands you're a big fan of, or any you can't stand? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment