Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dazzling Drinks: Summertime Lemonade

Old Orchard "Watermelon Cucumber Lemonade"



Brand: Old Orchard
Item: Watermelon Cucumber Lemonade
Price: $1.66 at my local Hy-Vee

Let me be the first one to say, I did not know what to expect with this drink.  I saw it on the shelf about a month ago and made fun of it.  Then I got to wondering, why not?

Sooo, I ended up buying it about a week ago. And then I tried it.  And something very weird happened.

I liked it.

I don't like cucumbers because I feel like the flavor is too strong for me. I don't like watermelon because it's messy. This juice, oddly enough, somehow creates a delicious balance between the two flavors.  This is very much a summery drink, something you might serve at a barbecue or pool party just because.

When I first opened the container, the drink smells like straight cucumber.  The flavor is also incredibly strong towards cucumber but the watermelon is just strong enough to add a very fresh kick.  There's also a lemony flavor (as there should be; it is lemonade). This drink is very odd in the sense that it has three very distinct flavors that do go with each other.  The citrus from the lemon adds a kick and draws from the otherwise overwhelming flavor of the cucumber. The watermelon adds some sweetness.

Here's the nutrition facts if you're interested!

Due to the flavors, I can't drink more than one glass of this. It's definitely good but it's also strong all around. Any more than one glass and I really just get tired of it and I can't seem to finish drinking it.

If you like the taste of cucumbers but want something a little sweeter, this is definitely a juice to go with.   If anything, it's just fun to try with your friends and see what happens. I tried it with my family; my sister ended up not liking it, but my dad and I enjoyed it!

Let me know what you thought! Would you try this? Does it sound absolutely disgusting to you? What other weird drinks have you seen/tried?

Hugs and Kisses,

The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment