Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Beauty Box 5: September 2015

My first box of beauty products has arrived in the form of Beauty Box 5!
The neat little info card right on top!



What is BeautyBox5?
BeautyBox5 is a monthly subscription service in which you receive 5 sample size and full sized products! It costs $12/month unless you order 3, 6, or 12 months at a time. If you do that, you receive a pretty nice discount! Sounds like a deal? Go check it out!

This month's theme was "On Fleek", and the info card boasts that the styles this month are bold, however still stick with the season that we all know and love; fall!  If you want to see swatches of the products, check out the bottom of the post!



What's in my box this month?

Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Lip + Cheek Stain
The first product I tried out is the Lip & Cheek stain. At first I didn't really understand how you could use this to stain your cheeks until I swatched it.  The product itself is very liquidy when you first apply it, and easily manipulated into wherever you want it to go. I put it on today to try it out and I'm not disappointed; the color isn't incredibly strong on me as I naturally have darker pink lips, however, it added a red tint and immediately I could tell it brightened the appearance of my teeth.  I did notice at about 2:00 (I applied the product at 10:45) I had some chunky looking spots. It may be because I have pretty dry lips and my lips just kind of chapped and the product came off? Not exactly sure. Doing a kiss test on my hand, no product came off except the excess. It did feel a little sticky at first, but overall I really enjoy the product so far! The full size product is .35 oz and costs $22.99.

Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Gentle Clarifying Treatment
This a product I have yet to try out, but I'm super excited to do so!  It's supposed to be great for getting product buildup out, adding shine, and reducing frizz, to name a few of the many things it states on the bottle.  You use it after you shampoo and condition as usual, keep it in for a few seconds, then rinse.  I'm a little worried that because I have so much hair, I might only be able to try the product two times before my sample is gone, but we'll see!  It doesn't smell super strongly like lemons, which surprises me, but it still smells pretty good.  A full size bottle is 13.3 oz and costs $10.

Harvey Prince Sincerely Mini Roller
My Birchbox also has a Harvey Prince product coming, but it's not in the same scent; how funny!  The info card describes this as "a blend of cedarwood, freesia, and orange flower".  If I could think of a picture for this smell, it would be a small meadow inside of a forest.  It's got a very fresh floral scent (aka NOT grandma smelling!) but also has a touch of musk, giving it a sort of deep smell as well.  It's wonderful, but SUPER strong when you put it on. I rolled it onto my wrists and could smell it for about 30 minutes afterwards when my arm was nowhere near my face. Definitely a smell I will continue to use, though!  It's just wonderful.  The roller makes it even better, in my opinion!  I actually received this in the full size, and it's $21 for 8.8ml. 

Bellapierre Shimmer Powder "Snowflake"


This shimmer powder is absolutely gorgeous.  It's definitely white and glittery, but if you blend it properly, you can't even tell its there. It adds a very shiny touch to any sort of makeup you want to wear, and you can apply in on the corner of your inner lid, or as a highlighter to get a super bright look.  I am seriously in love with how it looks, and I'll need to figure out some time to wear it because it is so pretty.  I received the full size product; it is .08 oz and costs $19.99.

Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Eye Crayon "Well Played" 
This eye crayon is just a beautiful fall shade.  It's a very shimmery gold, and could definitely be worn on the eyelid as its own shadow.  There were a few different shades sent out, and I just got lucky enough to get the gold.  I really am in love with this color!  I'm not a huge makeup wearer, and I'm definitely not adventurous when it comes to eye products, so the fact that this is a pretty natural looking shade while still standing out is super exciting to me!  I'll definitely need to use it soon.  I received the fullsize product, which is .09 oz and costs $14.

 Here are the swatches of the three products that needed it:
From top down: "Well Played" Eye Crayon, Elizabeth Mott Lip Stain, "Snowflake" Shimmer Powder


With just the three full size products I received this month, I paid for my box almost 5 times over!  There were no products in this box that I'm not totally willing to use/try out, so I didn't pay for a single thing I wouldn't use. Very happy with everything this month, and I'm so excited for next month!!

What do you guys think? Is there a product you really want to try out? Or maybe one you think isn't worth what it's priced at? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment