Tuesday, October 6, 2015

What's On My Desk? Halloween Edition

Hey guys! Halloween time is around the corner, so I decided I wanted to decorate my desk to celebrate! I went out to buy a bunch of stuff, but had such a hard time finding anything really worth getting. Lame. I went to quite a few different places without really finding too much.  Thankfully, Joann Fabrics pulled through and got me lots of adorable desk knick-knacks!  I couldn't decide on what I wanted for sure, so it ended up taking me about an hour of wandering through the aisles before I finally picked!
This is the full picture of what my desk looks like along with the wall.
I got this wall garland at Joann Fabrics for $3.49, but they're usually $6.99. I think they had 50% off of all Halloween & Fall decor, PLUS I had a 25% off coupon!  It looks like I'm actually missing a bell in the top left; I didn't notice it until now!
Here's a closeup of the bells. Look at how pretty they are! They're glittery and come in purple, black, and green.  When I opened this package I got glitter everywhere. I'm not even joking, I was covered in it, my desk was covered (there's still some on it), and my floor has glitter on it now. Totally worth it!

My wall is looking pretty plain right now, but I have plans to put up a motivation wall soon. I might also add a whiteboard/cork board to just give a little pop or keep from putting holes in it every time I want to hang something up!  It turns out I don't have any tape that keeps things stuck so far. It's a popcorn texture, so that doesn't help. Do you guys have any advice?
On to my actual desk!  Since I need it to be functional for school (which is why I got it in the first place), I've got some of my supplies there, but I had to figure out how I was going to stick my adorable little Halloween extras there as well. I'll probably change it a few times before Halloween is over, but I'm content for now!

Really quick I wanted to mention the light switch cover, which was $2.49 at Hobby Lobby.  I really want to get gold, black, and white as my new room color scheme, so stay tuned for that!
Here's the first corner of my desk. I've got a small storage container filled with sticky notes, a pencil sharpener, an adorable glitter owl from Joann Fabrics ($4.99), and a pail from Target that has tons of pens, pencils, highlighters, and a pair of scissors. The majority of that is from Target as well!
The owl actually lights up! Its eyes glow yellow, and they kind of flicker on and off. At first I thought it was broken, until I realized that no, that's how it's supposed to be.
Let's just take a second to appreciate how FREAKING CUTE this marquee sign is! I got it from HyVee for $9.99 and it was worth every. single. penny.  I am obsessed with it, seriously.  In front of it I've got an organizer from Target filled with erasers, paper clips of all sorts, and a couple other random things.  I have a container of paper clips next to it, a container of push pins I got in my latest Target haul, and a super cute purple glittery skull from JoAnn's for $1.49.  So cheap, yet so adorable!
Okay, so I don't drink pop EVER, but someone found me a bottle of this coke with my name spelled perfectly on it. My name isn't very common, especially not with that spelling, so you bet I bought it as soon as I saw it!  In front of it I have a cinnamon scented candle I got as a gift a few years ago, and a Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer in the scent Iced Blackberries. I always keep a sanitizer close, just in case I have one of those "there are germs everywhere" kind of moments.
This mason jar is also from my Target haul, and the pumpkin is from Hobby Lobby. It was $4.99, and I ended up having to pay full price. Boo!  Surprisingly, I didn't find any Halloween decor in Hobby Lobby that I liked. Yes, I've got the pumpkin, but it's a lot more fall than anything.
My stapler and hole punch are both from Staples, and I got them probably two years ago now.  I've got a calculator sitting right next to them, and behind all of that stuff is my super adorable glittery jack-o-lantern from JoAnn's!
Surprise, it lights up too!  This one has actually changes colors. It starts red and goes through the rainbow from there.  I actually got it for a super discounted price ($1.25) because the LED part of it that lights up fell out. It's obviously still there, but it's not glued in and so when I pick it up the light doesn't come with the pumpkin. However, because it's on my desk I don't have to worry about it!

So that's what I've got so far!  Have you found any great places for Halloween decor I may have missed? Do any of these scream adorable and festive to you?  How about ideas for my boring old wall?  Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment