Friday, March 2, 2018

February 2018 In Review

Hello everyone!

I'm here to bring you a recap of how February went for me! Honestly, I'm in shock that it's already over.  I know it's the shortest month of the year, but come on!  I had a lot going on for school this month, but that's not really something I think ya'll would be interested in hearing about, so I'm sticking with the slightly more interesting stuff.

Books
I slacked a little bit on reading this month! It's not that I wasn't reading at all, it's just that I didn't read enough to finish anything.  I was also reading stories online, so I don't count them as actual books.

I started The Picture of Dorian Gray because one of my groups on GoodReads chose to read it as the classic of the month.  I didn't think it would take me the entire month and have me still not finish it!  I am pretty close to being done, but right now I'm really swaying between liking it and just wanting it to be over.

This is required reading for my Management Information Systems class, and I have to say, I am really enjoying it!  I don't read it unless I have my assignment open, as there is a question to be answered for every chapter, but I binge about 10 chapters when I do read.  It's super easy but so interesting, and something that I honestly really love. I'll give a full review once I'm finally done (hopefully in March!).

Movies
I only watched one movie this month, and that was Fifty Shades Freed!  My sorority sisters and I went to the movie together and watched it.  Between this one and the second, this had much more action and plot, and a little less naughty stuff.  Squeezing everything into two hours made the movie feel rushed, as there was so much that didn't get addressed in much detail that could have used it.  That being said, it was still cute and steamy and something I'm glad I went to!

TV Shows
The shows I watched this month were the same as last month!

I got over my fear of being heartbroken and watched the episode that was holding me back, so I ended up seeing episodes 17 - 21 this month!  Only one left until I finish season 2 of Buffy and can move on to season 3, which is on my 18 in 2018 list.

I'm so close to finishing this too!  I watched episodes 17 - 24, and so I only have 3 left.  I can't wait to also mark this off of my list!

https://lifeismessyandbrilliant.com/free-bullet-journal-planner-currently-watching-printable/
I found some super amazing printables by Messy and Brilliant that I put all of the TV shows I want to finish on!  I'm so excited to have this, as it's super cute and fun for me to color in the squares as I go; like a habit tracker, but for TV!  If you like the look of this, please go to her original post and download it!

Events
The events that I had this month were very social in nature!

First, I started going to something called "Tap Room Trivia", which is basically just a trivia night at a local brewery.  I was invited by two of my friends, and actually really enjoyed going!  Now, every time I'm free on Thursday nights I'm going to head there and hang out while trying to win some free drinks! It's a really popular event, so I probably won't have much luck, but at least it's fun.

My sorority also hosted a "Ladies Weekend" this month!  The big thing for me during this time was Canvas night, where some family and I went to a campus building and were lead through designing our wood boards.  We were given stencils, and got to paint the board any color we wanted, then paint over the stencils.  I did this last year too, but it was much more fun with people this time!

Loves
This month, I was introduced to a website called Positivity Space.  It's basically a website that has options for you to write your positives for the day, do breathing exercises to help relax, and a space where you can vent if you're having a bad day.  It also tracks your usage of the website, so you can see how often you're actually reflecting on your day!

I love the simple layout and how I can bookmark this to my homepage to fill it out every time I see it.  It also forces you to reflect on your day and think about the good, even when it's hard to.

Well, that's it from me!  February went so quickly for me, and I'm excited to see where March takes me!

How was February for you?  Have you done anything that I have? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment