Friday, March 23, 2018

2018 Goals Spring Update

Hello everyone!

It's that time of the year where I give you the quarterly update on how I'm doing for my 2018 goals!  Here's my original post, if you're interesting in seeing my rationale behind picking them all!

Something I noticed is that I'm really hitting that slump in following through with my goals.  I fully intend to re energize myself, and I already feel so excited to jump back onto keeping up with what I decided I wanted to do!

These are all broken up into different categories based on what they're meant to help improve, just as a way to not have a big list with little direction for myself.  Now let's get into this!

Mental Health
Develop a self-care routine. I'll be honest with you all, I've been really bad about this! I forgot this was even a goal of mine, and I haven't actually done any sort of planning for my self-care, so it's just sort of whatever happens that day. Well, I've decided to change that!  I have a Happy Planner that I bought and don't use for a lot of things (mostly random stuff), so I might as well write down my self-care plan for the day!  I'm using my self-care ideas as a basis for what to jot down!


Read 24 books. This is one goal I can say I'm doing a great job at!  I have currently read 8 books this year, and the end of March is when I should be at 6, if I'm keeping to my 2 books a month goal.  My reading hasn't been super consistent, but that's okay!  I'm really proud of being ahead and hopefully staying ahead.


Finish one coloring page a month. I had great intentions with this, until I forgot all of my coloring books at home.  Turns out, you can't color when you don't have the coloring books!  So, as of now I haven't been keeping up.  I'm going to turn that around starting now, however.  I actually finished my march page already; yay!  It's a super fun dot-to-dot book I found at Wal-Mart.  I'll show you all the finished pages some other time.


Journal every day. This is another goal that I had great intentions with, but then completely fell off the wagon with.  I'm going to have to fix this.  I also downloaded some apps I'm going to try, and see if that helps me with doing some journaling and reflection!


Physical Well-Being
Eat breakfast every morning. I think something that will be a recurring theme is that March is a month that I really didn't focus much on my goals.  Again, I plan on changing that and getting back into eating something every morning to jump-start my metabolism!

Stop eating candy. This is one goal I've done a pretty great job at!  I do have the occasional chocolate, but I've essentially stopped eating candy altogether.

Work out 3x a week. If we're being honest, I haven't worked out more than twice this whole year. I have been feeling some motivation lately, so I might start scheduling it in like I should be. As it stands, I'm kind of failing!  This week that I've been writing my post, I've decided that I'm going to go to the gym so the past two days I've gone and done some running. This is a sign of turning tides, I hope!


Get to 150 pounds. My weight hasn't done any significant change since the beginning of the year! I've been trying to eat better, but not really trying that hard.  Hopefully after I'm out of school and can have a consistent schedule I'll be better.



Education
Graduate with honors. Not much to report on this - I haven't graduated yet, and my grades are what will determine whether I accomplish this or not, so it's a waiting game!

Get A's in every class. So far, I'm not doing too bad!  I can think of at least 3 classes I'll definitely get A's in, and the other two I'm certainly working hard to try and get them.



Finance
Get a job in human resources. I am so excited, because I've started applying for jobs now!  I've currently applied for two, but we'll see how things keep going in the next few months.  Now that I know where I'm settling, I can apply to even more.

Pay off credit card balance every month. After getting my tax return and getting my balance to zero, I think I'm doing pretty well!  I'm spending a lot more this month than I like, so I definitely need to slow down, but I should still be able to pay it off no problem!


Pay every bill on time. I am happy to say that I have been great about paying all my bills, and I've actually been paying them all ahead of schedule!

Begin budgeting and watching finances. Again, March is a month that I fell off the wagon for. I didn't end up following my spending very well this month, but I plan on fixing that asap!  No reason to wait when I can do it now.


"Stuff":
Makeup Low Buy. As of this post, I have yet to purchase a single makeup item!  There hasn't been anything that's drawn my attention as a product I need, so I've been enjoying saving my money. 


18 in 2018 project. I can't say too much on this, as I actually have a post next week that will be going into detail about how I'm doing with this project.  Check back if you're interested in hearing about it!


Space:
Keep a clean and organized living area. I'll admit, I haven't been doing a good job at this!  I have fluctuating moments of being clean and organized, and then just letting it fall on the wayside.  I swear I will get back into this, especially when I can move out of my single room and into an apartment!


Develop and follow a cleaning routine. This is another thing that I just completely forgot about and will need to refocus on!  That same planner I'm putting my self-care plan into I can put my cleaning schedule on.  I will also pick one thing each day to do as my daily task for the week, so that I have a good setup to work from. I can't wait to make this happen!


Read all stories in FF folder. I haven't been super productive in this category, but I'm slowly chugging along!  I'll be sure to keep working on it when I have more time to focus on reading these stories.

Organize Pinterest. This is huge project I've given myself, but I feel like I'm really doing a pretty steady job at working on finishing it!  I've determined what needs to be done for each board, and am making my way through each. As long as I keep it up, I think I'll be done by the end of the year!


Time:
Become more aware of the time I have & use. Having my daily planner is nice to see my day in general, but it hasn't done much to help me improve my usage of my time. I'm going to spend more time focusing on what I'm up to, and I have this awesome app called Atracker that will help! I can't wait to see what I'm doing with my unmarked time and see how I can be more productive.



That's everything!  There are definitely some areas that I've been doing great with, and some that need a little work. That's okay!  It's still early in the year, and my goals are still important to me, so I intend to regroup and focus again.

How have you been keeping up on your 2018 goals?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment