Friday, March 16, 2018

Podcasts I've Been Loving (Spring 2018)

Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you all some podcasts I have been loving to listen to lately!  I noticed as I was compiling this list that they're all kind of dark; having to do with ghosts and murders, plus a supernatural TV show.  This was not intentional!  I didn't even realize that most of what i listen to is dark and scary until making this list.

I definitely understand that this might not be your jam, so I'm sorry if this post isn't very beneficial to you! I promise next week's post will way more lighthearted.

Every podcast listed in this article is available through iTunes; if you use any other app to listen to podcasts, you'll have to check their respective pages to see if they're available.

If you've been keeping up with my recent posts, you'll know that I've been watching a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer recently!  One of my favorite things to do is watch an episode, and then listen to Lani and Alastair talk about what happened in the episodes, analyzing every little detail, and rate it versus other Buffy episodes.  If you love Buffy just as much as I do, I highly recommend checking this podcast out!  If you've never seen it but are interested in a detailed breakdown, I'd suggest watching an episode and then listening to them.  They also cover the show Angel as it fits in based on publication date.

Unfortunately, this podcast has been abandoned and will not be continued, however, Lani is doing her own analysis on the podcast "Still Pretty", that picks up where Dusted left off.  I have yet to listen to it, as it starts in season 6 of Buffy and I'm not that far yet, but if you are, you can continue the listening there!

One thing I'm shamelessly interested in is serial killers.  I was looking for a good podcast to listen to that talked about them, and this is what I found!  Every Monday, a new episode is released.  Each serial killer has two episodes; one that discusses their childhood up until their first kill; sometimes they talk about more.  The second episode is more on their crimes and how they were caught.  It's super interesting, and they find a ton of information that is honestly really scary to think about!  It is very detailed, so if you're squeamish when it comes to hearing gory things, I would suggest passing or heeding their warnings, as they always tell you when it's about to get especially gross.

This is actually a podcast I started listening to because I enjoyed the hosts of Serial Killers so much.  It's hosted by Greg, who is the male host of Serial Killers.  Every Thursday there is an episode released featuring the ghost stories of famous places around the world.  There is a lot of fact and fiction mixed into this podcast, as you'll usually jump in with a story, learn the history of the location, and again hear more stories.  I really love the way this is set up, and it's kind of creepy without being too scary!

My Favorite Murder is a must-listen-to podcast for any true crime fans, especially women!  Karen and Georgia are hilarious, they swear a lot, and provide incredible advice.  Every week, a full-length episode comes out, that has both woman researching and sharing a true crime story they've chosen each.  They also have "minisodes", which are hometown stories sent in from fans that are chosen and read; usually 4-6 an episode.  These topics range from hometown murders, to crazy survivor stories,first responder stories, and anything else deemed interesting.  I'd recommend this if you're looking for a more personal podcast that feels like listening to two friends chat versus a fact dump.

If these podcasts aren't your thing, I completely understand!  I've been pinning a lot of new podcasts I want to check out, so hopefully next time I share my favorites they'll be more your tastes!

Do you listen to any podcasts? What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment