Friday, March 30, 2018

18 in 2018 Spring Update

Hello everyone!

Today is my 18 by 2018 spring update! The original post is here, where you can check out my entire list of things I want to do/watch/read/whatever this year.  I'm bringing you a three month update, so my progress of finishing things off from the beginning of January to now!

Books
I've done a pretty good job on finishing books off this year!  In January I read The Hangman's Daughter; it was a pretty average book, and I'm glad I got to move it out of my collection and replace it with another book I wanted to read.

This month, I read two books from my list!  I first finished Milk & Honey, which oh my gosh I didn't expect to love it nearly as much as I did. I gave it 5 stars, a rare thing for me to do, and I plan on purchasing a copy of it for myself. I got it for free through Prime Reading, but it was so good I need to have it on my shelf!

I also finished off Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes that Take 5 Minutes of Less this month.  While it wasn't a bad book, it certainly wasn't my favorite.  It felt too basic for me.

I'm currently reading two more books on my list; Valley of the Kings: The 18th Dynasty, and Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen.  Both are pretty good, but I'm only about 15% into each.  Valley of the Kings is a lot more adult than I had expected, and some parts are making me a little uncomfortable. Still, I hope to finish at least one, if not both of them in April!

Movies
I actually have no progress in this category!  The more I think about it, the more I realize I just don't like movies that much.  I'm still going to try to watch some of the really popular ones, but I still don't feel any pressing need to watch anything.

TV Shows
This category has definitely had the most changes this time!  
 
I actually ended up finishing Total Drama season 1 this month, so I get to cross that show off my list!  It was a lot of fun, a little inappropriate, and a great throwback to my younger years. I probably won't watch season 2 on, because I'd never seen it and don't care enough to, but I'm glad I watched this.  I ship Gwen and Trent so much!

I decided to make a change to my one of the shows on my list as well.  I didn't realize that The Office season 1 was only six episodes, and that I was already on episode 6.  That seemed like a gimme, and I didn't want to just call it good because the whole point of adding this to my list was to watch it, so I decided to switch season 1 to season 2.

I'm currently watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3!  I ended up finishing off season two at the beginning of March, and wanted to keep going.  I'm on episode 6, so still a ways to go, but I can't wait to possibly get to season 4 soon! I might end up finishing this entire show this year.

Bucket List
My bucket list hasn't been worked on much!  A lot of what's on here actually requires me to be out of school and have a regular job, so I haven't finished much yet. I expect to see a lot more progress in the next two updates.  I was, however, able to finish two "extras", or items I added to the list after the fact as additional things I wanted to complete.

One of those was to update my GoodReads want-to-read shelf, which I'm so glad I did.  I removed over 1,100 books on my list that I'd never heard of or didn't actually want to read!  This makes it much easier to look at my list and feel as though I could pick any book and be happy with it.

I also made a vision board!  It's not quite finished yet, but I do have the basic layout of it done, and I can't wait to finish it up and share it.  I might write a blog post about it as well; we'll see where I decide to go with that.  Either way, it's beautiful and I love it! 

Beauty Products
I've used up two beauty products in the past three months: Bite Beauty's Glace and my strawberry Chapstick.  It's not much, but I hardly wear makeup, so I'm proud of finishing off two!

On the other hand, I have been a decluttering fiend - I've already completed my goal for makeup products with it.  I've decluttered __ products!  I'm just gong to make a quick list of them and a short explanation, since that would take forever!

1. Estee Double Wear Foundation - Rattan (too dark)
2. Fenty Beauty Foundation - 220 (too dark)
3. Smashbox BB Cream - Light (too dark)
4. Bare Minerals Serum Foundation - Light (too dark)
5. Maybelline Baby Lips - Mirrored Mauve (didn't like the color)
6. Mark Jacobs Lip Liner - Primrose (broke)
7. Revlon Lip Butter - Sorbet (didn't need)
8-9. Softlips Lip Balm - Vanilla (formula is bad)
10. Sephora Lipstick - R49 (didn't need)
11. Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey (didn't like the formula)
12. Sephora Lipstick - Truly, Truly Outrageous (didn't need)
13. Lorac Lipstick - Hipster (didn't like the color)
14. Tarte Lip Paint - Fetch (didn't like the color)
15. Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip - So Wavy (didn't need)
16. Urban Decay Vice Lipstick - Big Bang (didn't like the formula)
17. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick - Speak Your Mind (didn't like the color)
18. Laura Mercier Velour Lip Colour - Sensual (didn't like the color)
19. Touch in Sol Metallist Lipstick - Jasmine (didn't like the color)
20. Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick - Muse (didn't need)
21. Manna Kadar Liplocked Stain - Shae (didn't like the color)
22. Too Faced Melted Latex - Hot Mess (didn't like the color)
23. Manna Kadar Bronzer Highlighter Duo (didn't need)

I'm super proud of my decluttering! I'm working hard to move things out of my collection that I don't or won't use, so this is a great step in the right direction. I don't believe I'll ever be minimalist in my collection, but knowing I'm getting rid of things that won't work for me makes me feel really good.

Skincare Products 
So I've made a decision that I'm really not decluttering any skincare products, so everything on this list is products that I've used up.

1. Youth to the People Moisturizer
2. Derma E Hydrating Night Creme
3. Yes to Blueberry Face Wipes
4. Tucker Ashley Eye Cream
5. Lierac Serum
6. NoTS 28 Remedy Acne Poor Deep Cleanser

I've been bad about doing my skincare routine, so there's fewer products here than I'd like. Still, I'm moving them out slowly and am proud!

Well, that's it everyone!  The progress isn't phenomenal, but I can't be mad, either.  I plan on continuing to work on my list this year, and hopefully I'll have even more progress to share with you all at the beginning of summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment