Monday, December 12, 2016

Borghese Fango Purificante Mud Mask Review

Hello everyone!

So today I have a review of a mud mask I've had in my collection for quite a while now!  I've only used it a few times, by no fault of its own. I just suck at using masks!

I received this mask in my October 2015 Birchbox!  I told you guys I've had it for a while. Also, feel free to ignore the sharpie lines on the packaging; it's there for my Project Use it Up.

The Fango Purificante mask is a mud mask designed to help purify your skin.  I got on the Birchbox website in order to see what the rest of the claims are! It says that it has acne-fighting ingredients, reduces the appearance of pores, controls oil, and gets rid of the crap in your skin. Quite the list if I do say so myself! 

They tell you to only keep the mask on from 2-5 minutes, depending on your patience and what you're feeling.  For me, I keep it on for almost 5 minutes, but I should have taken it off a little earlier, as you'll see below.  Once I got to the 3 1/2 to 4 minute mark, it started to burn a little bit and you can see the mask begin to dry in spots.  It's also a mask you are only supposed to use once or twice a week, but it's definitely going to change on a person to person basis.

As you can see, it definitely does something! Both times I've used it, it turned my face red for about 45 minutes afterwards.  I'm not sure if this might have to do with me having sensitive skin or what. I've heard other people have the same issues with it as well, so I'm not sure exactly what's going with that.

When I take the mask off, because my skin is very sensitive it kind of hurts to get it off.  However, the results are very nice! My skin loses its sensitivity after it loses its redness.  My pores do look tighter, but there's not a huge difference. I think if I were to use this more consistently, I'd see some awesome results, as well as a much less extreme reaction to the mask.

Since this is meant to be used for oily skin and problem areas, this might just be used on my chin, nose, and t-zone. Those are the spots on my skin that would definitely benefit most from the prolonged use of this mask, and it won't dry out my already dry patches.

Overall, I think it's a good mask!  My only concern is that it'll be very uncomfortable for people with even more sensitive skin than what I have.  If you are in need of a high quality charcoal mask that is potent, this might be the one for you!  It is pretty pricey, though, at $37 for a full size jar.  Again though, if you have oily, acne prone skin this could be your holy grail.

What do you guys think? Is the redness too much for you? Do you have the skin for it? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment