Friday, December 23, 2016

Sephora Play! December 2016

Hello everyone!

I'm back today with one of my favorite boxes to unbox and love on every month!

That's right, it's my Sephora Play!

The bag this month is so beautiful; easily my favorite, hands down. The black is beautiful and it looks more rose gold than what the picture is showing.  This is one of my favorite color combinations ever, so yeah. Pretty pumped!

Here's all the products that came in my bag this month! It's a very makeup heavy box, and trust me when I say I'll never complain about that! I love getting new makeup to try, especially when it's popular items. That way I'm not spending a ridiculous amount on something I might not even like!

The first thing I pulled out of my bag was this Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara!  I've heard quite a bit about the mascaras that Lancome sells, and most of it is good.  I'm probably not going to crack this open for quite a while, as I have lots of other mascaras right now, but I'll try it eventually to see if the hype is worth it!  I'm a little scared to fall in love with it, though; a full size will run you at $27.50.

Next I got the Make Up For Ever Step 1 Smoothing Primer. I've received the nourishing primer before from an Ipsy bag, but never this one. I have however seen this one around a lot more.  The primer itself is a skin tone, and I'm interested to see how this does in regards to hiding my pores & fine lines; they're very prominent! 

The only color product I received this month was this Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in the shade "Always Red".  I've never tried this formula out, but I think the idea of it sounds pretty unique. Like a creamy liquid lipstick that transforms itself into a stain, but also turns matte? I'll have to play around with this before I give my final opinion.

Here's a swatch of the color! It's a stunning blue based red, and I do believe that this is one of those universal reds.  The color choice is just perfect for the time of year!

This is definitely something I'm beyond excited for!  In my box I got the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray.  This is definitely a cult classic among beauty gurus for a makeup setting spray, and just about everyone uses it.  I personally don't use setting sprays, but there's not any real reason for that. I just don't have one I use!  I'm so excited to try this out and see how it does for keeping my makeup around.

Next we have the Drybar Dry Shampoo.  I own quite a few different dry shampoo samples like this, so I probably won't be cracking this open any time soon.  However, I have seen it here and there.  For me, I struggle to see how there can be something special about a dry shampoo.  If it absorbs my oils, it's good for me. A full size of this dry shampoo is $23.

Finally, I got the Elizabeth & James Nirvana Rose fragrance! I'm super excited to see what I think about this, because I'm very half and half on florals but enjoy rose. This, along with Bourbon, are the two newest scents from E&J.  Their most well known fragrances are the Nirvana Black & White, which could be worn separately or together.

Well, that's it for this month's Sephora Play!  Every item this month seems like it's popular for one reason or another, and I've heard of them because of it.

What do you guys think?  Have you tried any of these items before? Have you heard of them? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment