Monday, December 19, 2016

Tarte Friends & Family Sale Haul

Hello everyone!  I decided that the deals for the Tarte Friends & Family sale were too good to pass up; it was 30% off of everything and free shipping after $25 I think? Whatever it was, I spent enough to get it for free!

I've been eyeing these items for quite some time now, and when I saw the sale I knew that this was the time to get them!

I picked up the 8 pack of Tarte mini matte lip paints and the Grav3yardGirl collab with Tarte in the shade Texas Toast!  I've been loving both of these items but unwilling to shell out the dollars; I am still in college.

 The item on top was actually just a freebie of their Amazonian clay concealer.  I haven't ever tried it out, so maybe if I'm feeling a little makeup day I'll try this out!

So, the first actual item I picked out was the Tarte tarteist lip paint in the shade "Texas Toast" which as I mentioned as a collaboration with Bunny. She's been a favorite YouTuber of mine for quite a while, but I didn't buy this simply because I have too many lipsticks to ever use. However when a sale is involved, why would it ever stop me?

The packaging is different, as you can tell. It's had the wood grain effect, which I really enjoy personally.

Here's what the actual lip paint looks like! It's a gorgeous grey-brown color that really speaks to me.  It's a little hard to see, but if you look at the handle closely you can see Bunny's signature on it as well.

The color swatched on my skin looks a little more brown than grey, but I am just in love with it!  It's a perfect fall shade.

Finally, I got all of these little minis in the matte lip paints! They are so pretty, and I'm excited to try out the formula and let you guys know what I think! Just from swatching I have an idea.

Here they all are again laid out! I'll be swatching them from left to right; lightest to darkest.

Candy

Honey



Mani

Perf



Spicy

Juicy

Latte

Soul

Alright, there's all the swatches!  All of them look really nice and smooth with the exception of Soul, which unfortunately is really patchy and kind of dry.  While all of the other colors look similar in the tube, swatched they all have their own individual color to them. I'm so excited to get some good use out of these lipsticks!

Well, that's it for today.  I hope you enjoy and if you want to, that you purchase the colors that look good! I'll give you my full review once I try these all out.

What do you think? Do most of the colors look the same? Which is your favorite? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess 

No comments:

Post a Comment