Monday, October 9, 2017

September 2017 in Review

Hello everyone!

I hate to sound so negative, but I'm happy that September is over!  It was full of so much stuff going on, I didn't feel like I had any time to even breathe!  I'll talk about that more below, but due to this month being so ridiculous, I really didn't have a lot of time to myself for anything.  I'm hoping that when I get to show you all my review of October it will go much better!


Movies


This month, I went on a binge-watching spree and watched Saw 1-6.  I love the Saw movies but for some reason have never seen them all the way through!  I decided that it was totally worth taking the time to watch them.  I didn't like the ending of 6 at all, and I started 7 but it just didn't have the same feeling as the rest of the movies.  As gory as they are, I feel like the plot twist at the end of the movies always draws me in and has me shocked.  This is especially true in Saw 4 and 5.  Just writing about them makes me want to watch them again!

 Wow, September isn't even Halloween Month and I still watched so many scary movies!  I went to see It in theaters with Kory on its opening weekend and honestly, it was really good! If Kory and I had talked about it before we went, I would have definitely said no because clowns freak me out.  I will say that I do not regret going, and it wasn't as scary as I expected it to be. It was creepy for sure, but also had some hilarious moments and down right disturbing as well.  If you're on the fence about watching It, take this as my recommendation to go!

TV Shows
I don't watch a lot of TV, or shows like on Hulu, but I did happen to do watch the first 5 episodes of The Office!  I know, how have I not seen it already?  Like I said, I don't watch much TV.  It's a great show, but let me be honest, Michael drives me crazy.  Since my degree is in management, it's very uncomfortable seeing the things he does, TV show or not!

I've also been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on and off. I've already seen up to season 4, but I'm rewatching the show up to that point again.  Currently I'm on season 2, episode 11.

Activities
Where to start?  September was a go go go month for me!  To start, Primary Recruitment happened in the beginning of the month and was one of the biggest stressors of my life!  It was so much to do, without the support I had hoped to have, and I fought with a lot of anxiety.  Thankfully I was allowed to reunite with my sorority pretty early in the month and stop stressing so much!

Presli's birthday was this month!  I got to spend time with her shopping at Target and enjoy being with her for her party.  It was also my first time going home since school had started.

The biggest thing this month actually happened at the end!  I updated my resume quite a bit and got it "career ready" AKA ready to give to various companies at the career fair that was hosted on the 27th! I gave out 10 resumes and spoke with every table that was relevant to my major, which was huge for me.  I applied for a part-time HR job as well, which then led to a phone interview and an in-person interview the day after!  I unfortunately did not get a second interview, but I am thankful for the opportunity to interview!


Notables/Loves
I only have one thing I wanted to share this month that was a really notable thing, and that was a video by YouTuber Belinda Selene.  She shared a video called Cleaning and Declutter Motivation: Office that for some reason really resonated with me.  I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do after  graduation because I really need to stay busy all the time, and this just felt like something I could see myself doing.  The video certainly hadn't meant motivation with my entire life, but it certainly gave me good feelings, so I wanted to share those with you all!

Well, that's September!  Like I said, it was so busy that I don't have a lot of fun things to share with you all, but this coming month is HALLOWEEN MONTH!!!  My favorite for sure.  I hope I can give you all a great update!

How was your September? Did you have a good month?

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess 

No comments:

Post a Comment