Monday, October 9, 2017

December Colourpop Haul

Hey everyone!

I know, it feels like I just put up a haul post a few weeks ago, but tis the season for spending money!  I got hooked by the kit deals and by the free lipsticks I'd get, honestly. Darn companies for hitting my weakness every time!

I really enjoy Colourpop liquid lipsticks, and I've already owned a few (6 I think?) so when I saw the chance to buy a bunch of minis and get free full size lipsticks I had to jump on it. I love trying the new shades out, plus I get to try the formulas on their Ultra Satin and Ultra Metallic lipsticks, so it was worth it!

Here's the haul for you in all of its glory! If you couldn't tell, liquid lipsticks are my downfall.

The first set I got is "Foxy", which is five of their Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks in their OG colors.  This is the first liquid formula they came out with, as well as the first and only formula I've tried until this haul.  The colors are all from their original launch, and you could consider them staples in any Colourpop lover's collection.

Here they are swatched! From top to bottom: Beeper, Tulle, More Better, Clueless, and Creeper.  I personally really enjoy the way they all look, and am super excited to try them out and add them to my collection!

The next set I got is the "On a Whim" set, which comes with five of their Ultra Satin liquid lipsticks, which is essentially their revamped version of the Ultra Mattes. These are a little less matte, and a lot less drying from what I've heard. I personally have yet to try them on my lips, but with these nudes I don't think I'll be forcing myself!

Here's the swatch of them! Again, from top to bottom: Magic Wand, Mess Around, Stud, Toolips, and Dopey.  I'm really pumped to try these out! There are a few similar shades if you look between the two sets, but with a different formula I'm completely okay with it. Plus, I'm a lipstick hoarder anyway.

Finally, as part of their deal, I got three Ultra Metallic liquid lipsticks.  I have been admiring these for quite some time, but I was nervous about buying them because I've never seen a metallic on me before.  Plus, it was between these and their Ultra Glossy lips, and I really am not a fan of gloss.

Let me just say, I have some kind of strong opinions. Also, ignore the left over swatch; it wouldn't come off!  From top to bottom: Zebra, Mugshot, Kween.  The formula for the most part was a moussey texture, and a lot thicker than the Ultra Matte and Satins.

Each of these had a slightly different formula, but you can definitely see that in the swatches.  The top swatch, Zebra, was completely opaque in one dip into the container.  The middle swatch, Mugshot, needed a little extra to make it totally opaque, but in my opinion it is the most wearable shade and is simply stunning on the lips.

Kween was the biggest disappointment to me.  I really struggled to get a decent swatch, and it took a lot of swirling around in the container to get product. Once I got it started it swatched better, but I was getting a little frustrated with the time it took to build the color. As you can see in the picture, it is far more glittery looking than the other two as well.  I'm going to need to work with this one to see if I want to keep it or not, but hey, it was free!

Overall, I'm really happy to have purchased everything I did. Not only did I get some iconic shades, I also gave myself the opportunity to try new things I wouldn't have otherwise and fell in love with something I never thought I would!

What do you guys think? Have you tried Colourpop before?  Which shade is your favorite? Let me know!

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment