Friday, September 29, 2017

October & Fall Semester Goals

Hello friends!

I have an exciting post today!  I want to share with you the goals that I have for my fall semester as well as my goals for the month of October.

One thing that is super important to me is being able to set goals; I use them as directors in my day to day life for things I want to accomplish.  I like to set monthly goals, as well as yearly goals and, being in school, goals for the semester.  It is certainly quite a bit to keep track of, but I also feel like I'm doing something good by following them.

I've fallen a little off of the wagon for my 2017 goals; I'll need to do an update on them as well to both show you all how I've been doing and also do a goal review for myself.

Let's just jump right into them!

Fall Semester Goals
1. Wake up at least 1 hour before class/work.
I chose this goal because I do not want to wait until the last possible minute to wake up; that leads to me not feeling awake or alive when I roll out of bed and leave.

I'm pretty good at doing this when I don't work at 8am; that being said, I work at 8 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, meaning definitely not doing it a majority of the time.  While I do well on my Tuesday Thursday's, I need to get back into the routine. I try to make it a habit of going to bed before midnight but I haven't been following that recently.  Hopefully I'll put myself back into that habit and find myself better able to get up at 7 instead of 7:15 or 7:30!

2. Do homework when it's assigned.
I have a bad habit of procrastinating, so this semester I wanted to try and combat it by setting a goal to complete my homework when it gets assigned and not at the last possible second.

If we're being honest, this is pretty hard to do!  I don't have much homework assigned, rather it's just due on a certain day.  I always get my homework done before it's due when it's worth points, so it would be ineffective to write that I want my homework done before it's due.  I think I will define this goal as completing readings the night before they're due since I'm lagging on this.  I'll give you all an update when the semester is done!

3. Get all A's.
This is always a goal of mine; I want to constantly be striving towards a better GPA and working hard to earn positive grades as well.

Since it's the beginning of the semester, I certainly can't speak to how I'm doing.  I can't say I'm NOT succeeding in this goal since I have no failing grades or low grades thus far, but I do know that I'm not doing enough right now to say that I am actively working towards A's in all of my classes; this WILL be changing! 

4. Don't skip any classes.
This is a goal of mine simply because I want to constantly remind myself that even if it might not seem worth it right now, it's always important to attend every class!

I've only ever missed one class, and that was because I was really sick; I missed work as well.  I didn't email the professor because I woke up right as class started and figured that it wasn't worth trying to get dressed and go for half of the period.  Other than that, I have not missed a single period and am proud to say that! 

5. Stay off phone during class. 
I get easily distracted, and if you're on your phone you're not paying attention, simple as that!  By setting this goal I am reminding myself to pay attention.

This is a hard one for me to do, if we're being honest.  I am struggling to stay off of it which means that I need to try harder than I currently am. I have the Forest app and hopefully I'll get back into using it, meaning that I'll stay off of my phone.

October Goals
1. Read TWO books.
It's always a goal of mine to read two books every month. I'm doing a crap job at that, but I'm still going to try to get it done!  I love reading, I just don't have the time for it. Hopefully I'll have more luck this month!

2. Write ONE prompt.
I also enjoy writing, so I'm going to try to write at least 1 prompt from my 100 Variations Challenge each month.  Again, this is something that I haven't been doing a great job at but I'm going to keep working on it!  I'll never do it if I don't hold myself accountable by setting it as a goal.

3. Makeup no buy.
I've been making this a goal the past few months, but I definitely broke it in September after TJMaxx and Sephora.  I'm going to say that since I spent my money on makeup I didn't need this month, I will definitely not spend any more in October.

4. Work on habits.
This might seem a little weird; making doing habits a goal. However, I'm trying to put a real effort into actually doing the habits I put on my list because they're obviously important to me!  I'll share my habits in a post later on, but for now I just want to try to make them actual habits and not just things on a list that I wish I was doing!

5. Update makeup inventory. 
This month I need to update my makeup inventory!  I did a massive declutter over the summer and have been both bringing products in and removing them, and I need to update my counts and also create a makeup inventory spreadsheet with each item so I can be a little more aware of when I purchase things.

Well, that's it for today!  I'm excited to see where things go this month in terms of applying my October goals and continuing with my Fall Semester goals.  Feel free to share what your goals are, too! I'd love to see what other people are working on.

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess 

No comments:

Post a Comment