Monday, November 7, 2016

Beauty Box 5: October 2016

Hello everyone!

Today I'm coming at you with my first impressions on my October Beauty Box 5!
It looks like a pretty glam box, so I'm excited to really get to test out everything!  Unfortunately, as with the past few boxes, I'm not feeling like I see anything innovative.  Two brands are repeats, we've gotten nail wraps SO many times, we've gotten a lot of lotion.. I'm just not wowed.

I don't want to be a Negative Nelly though! I'm hoping that as I try these out I feel differently.

Enough rambling, let's get on to the box!




Chella "Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil"
I've heard a lot about how great this is, so it's cool to get a chance to try it out! I know a lot of people got these from Ipsy, but I wasn't one of them, so yay!  Like I said, I've heard a lot of really good things about this, and I think the biggest use is for a browbone highlight.  I'll definitely try it out soon! My only complaint is that we got Chella in a box very recently; like the past two months.

Here it is swatched! For some reason my hand looks way darker than it really is, so not sure what happened there. Still, you can see it's a pretty yellow highlight.

Color Me "Femme Gold"
We've actually gotten this brand from Beauty Box 5 before, in our March box.  The fragrance before was obviously different from this one, but darn!  I don't want to see lots of brand repeats and product repeats from the same brand!  Honestly, I had such a hard time opening this bottle that I gave up trying.  I'll check it out more in the future.

Emery + Ivory "Custom Nail Appliques"
These look so seasonally appropriate!  I might throw them on for Christmas; it'll be much easier than trying to paint my nails.  I will be negative again though; I'm tired of nail wraps. This is the third time in a year that we've gotten them!  I'm hoping I'll be wowed when I put them off and will have no more complaints to make.

Real Her "Moisturizing Lipstick in Be Yourself"
Okay, so I want to start this by saying that the lipstick itself is really pretty. But I'm going to move right into complaining because I don't wear this color very often!  I'm actually trying to use up one color like this already, so I don't really know how I feel about getting another one. That being said, it really is a stunning lipstick and the formula felt very smooth and soft.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the brand name and product name too? All their shades are motivational quotes. Rock on!

Just look at how lovely this color is!  It is so fall appropriate. I'm just so sad I don't wear this more often, but I'd be willing to try out a different color from this brand.

Amlactin "Ultra Hydrating Body Cream"
Finally, we have the body cream.  It looks like a plain old cream, nothing too special.  I'm not going to knock it yet, especially because I'll probably be obsessed with it as soon as winter comes and my skin is parched. Until then, I'll just look at it skeptically.


As much as I love BB5, I'm starting to feel like I'm starting to get a lot of repeat items.  I feel like I've gotten ALL of my nail wraps from them, and there's a lot of brand repeats too.  In all fairness, I am a long term customer (over a year now), so I'm bound to get some repeats, but it just doesn't really make me think I'm getting anything new, exciting, or innovating from subscribing to this box.  I really hope they have something spectacular planned for the next few months!

What do you guys think? Leave a comment below and let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment