Friday, January 12, 2018

18 in 2018

If you read my 2018 Goals & Resolutions post, you might have noticed that one of my goals was an "18 in 2018" project.  I want to use this as a fun way for me to make sure I'm either reading books that I've had for a while/love and want to reread, watch movies and TV shows I feel like I'm missing out on, and in general decrease the amount of things on my plate.  I also enjoy seeing a list, so that when I'm done with one I have another right there for me to choose from instead of my entire collection.

I've been a little back and forth on how often I want to update you all on my progress, but right now I think it's going to be every quarter.  While I'm sure I'll be able to get a lot done in a month, I'd hate to only end up showing one or two changes to my lists a few times; it would be a waste of a post. 

Books
1. Wicked: The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
2. 1984
3. The Great Gatsby
4. Milk & Honey
5. The Hangman's Daughter
6. Water for Elephants
7. Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen
8. Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes That Take 5 Minutes or Less
9. Valley of the Kings: The 18th Dynasty
10. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love the Lasts
11. Pride & Prejudice
12. A Song of Ice and Fire
13. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
14. The Opposite of Loneliness
15. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
16. Black Beauty
17. The Hobbit
18. The Peculiar Life of a Lonely Postman
There's a few different reasons why I picked these books.  Some of them are books that I've read and loved and want to reread, some have been sitting on my shelf for a long time and need to be read and moved out.  I also have a few of my kindle books that are Amazon Prime books I want to exchange for others and NetGalley books that need a review. A wide array of books!


Movies
1. The Hot Chick
2. Finding Dory
3. Beauty & The Beast (Live Action)
4. The Secret Life of Pets
5. The Little Rascals
6. Stardust
7. Bee Movie
8. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
9. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
10. Breakfast at Tiffany's
11. Walt Disney Short Films Collection
12. Nacho Libre
13. The Benchwarmers
14. Tropic Thunder
15. Moana
16. High School Musical
17. A Cinderella Story
18. Harry & Snowman
All of the movies on this list are movies that I haven't seen yet that are either classics or new movies that I feel like I'm missing out on by not watching!  I also made sure that every movie on my list I can find on either Netflix or Hulu; it would really suck to not be able to watch them after adding them here!

TV Show Seasons
1. Gossip Girl - Season 3
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 3
3. The Great British Baking Show - Season 4
4. Grey's Anatomy - Season 12
5. American Horror Story - Season 3
6. Stranger Things - Season 1
7.The Office - Season 1
8. Friends - Season 1
9. Big Mouth - Season 1
10.Once Upon a Time - Season 1
11.Orange is the New Black - Season 3
12. Sherlock - Season 3
13. Dexter - Season 2
14. One Punch Man - Season 1
15.Total Drama - Season 1
16. The Originals - Season 2
17. Scream: The Series - Season 1
18. The Guild - Season 1
Again, this is a combination of shows that are classics that I need to watch or shows that I started and haven't finished yet.  Can you believe I haven't seen some of these shows?  I can't either.

Makeup Used Up/Decluttered
Unlike my other lists, the make up used up list is going to be added to as the year goes on and not have items crossed off. This is because I don't have any specific makeup items I want to use up this year, I just want to use what I want to use and then see if I happen to finish anything off!  I do still need to focus a little bit on getting things out of my collection which is why I still have a goal of finishing off 18 items.

Skincare Used Up/Decluttered 
This is the same exact idea as the makeup use up.  I have a feeling I'll be able to fly through the skincare since I use this much more than makeup, but I still want to make sure I'm working hard at shrinking my collection.

Bucket List
1. Get an adult job
2. Live on my own
3. Learn calligraphy
4. Make my blog more active
5. Organize my Pinterest
6. Get an Emotional Support Animal
7. Fill an entire journal
8. Paint a canvas
9. Graduate with honors
10. Go to a zoo
11.Visit a trampoline park
12. Start a scrapbook
13. Go to a spa
14. Visit a new state
15. Keep to a budget
16. Have a date night with myself
17. See a musical
18. Go to a wine tasting
As you can tell, my bucket list is full of different activities I want to be able to say I did this year!  Some of them are corresponding to the goals I've already set such as organizing my Pinterest and graduating with honors, while others come directly from my actual bucket list.  Since I'll be graduating college, I really want to start experiencing more in my life. This feels like a great start!

Well, there you have it!  As I write this, I already want to get started crossing things off my list. I'm so excited to have this direction for my year.  It'll also feel so good to be able to minimize my large collection of "stuff", and this is definitely the best way to jump start that.

Have you ever heard of an 18 in 2018 project? Are you interested in joining? Let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment