Friday, March 24, 2017

2017 Goals: Winter Update

Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you how my 2017 goals and resolutions are going!  In some aspects I'm doing very well, and in other, not so much.

Personal Goals
Read 60 books in a year.
Yeah, this isn't going so well!  I severely underestimated the amount of time I wouldn't have, and it's been tough to spend any time reading.  I've read two books so far, which is literally one book every month. I know I can do better than this!  It's just important that I spend more time focusing on what's important to me, and I'm still learning to do that.  Besides, this semester is just full of a ton of extra stuff!  I'll hopefully pick my pace back up as I get out of school and into summer.

Finish all items in project use it up.
I started the year with a goal to finish up 63 products.  Now, I definitely didn't realize until actually starting that I picked some terrible ones!  There's a lot that I won't be able to finish this year, so this goal really is impossible for me to complete. So far I've used up/decluttered 11 products. That's not bad!  I've been using a lot of different items from my entire collection, and not just my oldest products, but I'll continue to try and use these as often as I can.

Read one chapter a day.
Well, I can tell you all right now this is a fail!  I haven't been doing it nearly as often as I wish I was.  Like I'd mentioned above, I don't feel like I've had enough time to properly devote to it.  Hopefully, I can learn to make time better!

Continue to track finances.
I haven't started this yet.

Create more DIY decorations.
I haven't done this either!  Once summer rolls around, I'll have more time to devote to crafting.

Read ALL stories in FF folder.
Finally, something I have progress on!  At the beginning of the year I had 163 emails, and as of today I have 133. That's 30 less emails!  While it's certainly not the most impressive progress, it's still something.

Clean out my pinterest.
This is also something I've slowly but surely been working on. I've deleted a few boards and organized a few more, so I'm happy with progress!

Complete one reading challenge.
Unfortunately, I don't believe that this will be a goal I complete this year. While I will continue to work towards it, I haven't had enough time to read and really work like I thought I would.

Empty YouTube folder.
I haven't been doing the best job at this!  I need to delete a lot more emails than what I've done so far.  Still, I think I can do this. I just need to take a day to get at lot of cleaning out done.

School Goals
Get A's in every class.
It's half way through the semester now, and I'm not doing as well as I had hoped!  I have a C, a B, and 3 A's. Really, that's pretty great all things considered, but I want to do better! I know I can if I just keep trying.

Attend class regularly.
So, I was doing an amazing job and then I realized that I absolutely hated one of my classes! It's so boring and I feel like I never pay attention or learn everything, so I didn't go for a little while.  However, that's the only class I decided to do that with and I stopped, so really I'm doing a great job!  I just need to keep it up for the rest of this semester.

Finish homework when it is assigned.
Another goal that isn't being met!  As sad as it is, I know that I can do it, I just need to push myself. I have plenty of time each day to get stuff done, I just need to remember that I had a goal of finishing it all early.

Fitness Goals
Squat 160 pounds.
Well, I was doing a good job at the beginning of the year, but I've fallen off the squat wagon!  I maxed out at 115, which is great, but I really need to get back into squatting more often.

Be able to do the splits.
I haven't started working on this yet.

Work out 3x a week.
I've been doing better at this than I had expected, honestly!  I've been pretty good about going there, even if it's not really a difficult or intense workout.  I want to up the quality now!

Do a daily food log.
I haven't even thought about this yet!

Career Goals 
Become a Rho Gamma.
Amazingly enough, I received better than Rho Gamma; I was chosen as the Panhellenic Public Relations chair! This is something I had wanted before, but didn't get the first time. The position opened back up and I got it the second time!  So beyond happy!  Because of my position, I will also be a Rho Gamma, so two birds with one stone! I'm so thankful for the opportunity to prove myself, and it's been amazing so far.

Be fun/points/PR/lifestyle chair.
I've had the opportunity to see and learn about each chair, and I've decided the only position I really want anymore is Points, and that won't be until Spring of next year. This goal will be removed because of this!

Create an event for the College of Business Dean's Advisory Board.
This event is in less than two weeks. How exciting is that?! I'm not crossing it off of my list just yet, but soon!

Well, that's it everyone! I hope that by seeing how my goals have been going, you are inspired to look into your own goals and how you're doing.

Hugs and Kisses,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment