Thursday, June 9, 2016

Target Beauty Box: June 2016

Hello everyone!  Today I'm coming at you with one of my favorite boxes ever; the Target Beauty Box.  I don't buy it every month, but when the products really stand out to me I grab it right away!


If you're sitting here wondering "Karissa, since when has Target had a monthly subscription?" It hasn't. But they do release a different box every month that contains skincare, haircare, and makeup products.  The price does fluctuate from box to box; I've seen it priced at anywhere from $5-$10.


This month it was a $10 box, and you get 11 products! They also came out with a men's box, but since I am not a man I decided it was not the best investment for me.


I've said this before and I'll say it again; I feel like the Target boxes are so good for people who aren't super crazy about their makeup/skincare/haircare but still want to try new things from the drugstore.

Enough rambling, let's get into the good stuff!



Pantene Expert Intense Hydration Shampoo
I love getting different shampoos to try!  This is great for me; I have really dry ends on my hair, so hopefully this will help with that. I've never tried this line before, so I'm excited. It is a little unfortunate that they didn't give a conditioner sample too, but I can forgive it!

SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Creme Rinse
I own about a million deep conditioners for my hair, but it's cool to find a drugstore brand!  I do like SheaMoisture so far with what I've tried. It's also great to have the opportunity to try healthier, more natural alternatives for my hair.

Pixi Mesmerizing Mineral Duo "Apricot Glow"
This is definitely one of the items I was excited for!  Pixi is one of the more expensive brands at the drugstore, so it's not very often that I try it out. I did recently purchase two of their lipsticks that were 50% off. This little eyeshadow duo is a really wearable shade combination that is super pigmented!  The swatch is below.
The brown color is just beautiful!  I'm not sure how I feel about the peach color quite yet. It really is pretty and makes for a good spring color, but it's a little orange for my tastes right now.  I'll definitely keep this around, however; the formula seems to be quite smooth!

Laneige Water Bank Serum
Laneige is a brand that Target seems to favor sending!  This is the second product I personally have gotten in this box, the first being a mask under the same line.  I'm definitely not mad about it; it's awesome to get such a large serum!

S.W. Basics Exfoliant
Uh oh, Target has become a product repeater!  I got this in one of my other Target boxes from 2015 but haven't used either of these. The cool thing about this is that it's only three ingredients and they're all healthy!  Really, I could probably use this for food. I definitely won't, but that's how natural it is!

L'Oreal Paris True Match Cushion "W3"
I've been eyeing this at Target for quite some time now!  Cushion foundations have been really popular, and I just love getting samples of them. It makes it so much easier to decide if the finish and formula is what you like or not. Since these are more expensive than regular drugstore foundations (at least $5) it's great to see a little trial beforehand.

L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Volume Filler Cream
I really love getting big samples in my boxes of skincare; it means I never have to actually go out and purchase it! I'm not sure this is something I'd ever really go out and buy anyway; I think I'm a little young to be needing something like this.  Most of the L'Oreal moisturizers are this way; a little too mature for me just yet.  I'll use it because I have it, though!

Soap & Glory Righteous Butter Body Butter
Am I the only person who didn't know that Soap & Glory was at Target?  Or maybe my Target is just too small to have it there. I'm not sure, but I'm not mad!  It's always awesome to try out brands that are trending right now.  This is their body butter! I've heard good things, but we'll see what I think in the future.

Yes To Cucumbers 10-Count Facial Wipes
I've actually already used these before!  They work really well but smell very strongly of cucumber, so if you don't like that smell I'd say pass.  These are some of the best makeup wipes I have ever used; they do a great job at getting all of the makeup off without having to "scrub" at my face.  These come highly recommended!

CoTZ Face SPF 40
This is sent just in time for summer! I already have about a million mini sunscreens to use up, but it's great to have this one, too.  I always love finding drugstore alternatives to more expensive items, and sunscreens are definitely a good example of that!

E.L.F. Lip Kiss Balm
Finally, we have the ELF tinted lip balm.  I actually just bought one of these on clearance at my work, and it was in a really pretty red shade.  The formula of these is really soft and surprisingly pigmented for being just a tinted balm.
I do enjoy this color! It'd be a great color for every day wear if you don't have the time to throw on a full face but still would like a little extra something.

Well, that's it! I love the box this month; I'm so happy with the makeup products that I got!  There is such a great variety of products to try out, and since this isn't a monthly subscription you still have time to actually use the products you get before you go for another box.  Not knocking on my subscriptions, I love them! But for the average person who isn't a subscription addict, it's perfect.

What do you think? Should Target make this an actual subscription? Do you prefer the $10 "deluxe" box? Let me know!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment