Monday, May 2, 2016

31 Days of Blogging // Day 2: 20 Facts About Me

Hello, everyone!  Day 2 of the 31 days of Blogging Challenge is here!  Today I'm going to be giving you guys 20 facts about me you probably don't know. Enjoy!

1. I naturally have dark brown hair and blue eyes, however April of last year I decided to dye it blonde. I'm ready to go to a more caramel brown color but I'm just too lazy to get it done!

2. I have a passion for horses. If you've looked at my Facebook page you've probably seen my cover photo, which is of Reese, a horse I used to own.  I leased a horse for a little while and took lessons, but horses are freaking expensive!  I had to stop for now, but that doesn't change the fact that I still love them and miss them.

3. I struggled with knowing what I wanted to do for a long time.  I wanted to be a vet for a long time (childhood dream!) but realized that I can't handle that sort of pressure and blood.  I then decided I wanted to be a psychologist but that was way too much schooling to get a good degree worth having.  I always loved business, helping people, organizing, etc. so I decided that I wanted to do business administration. As I've come along and thought, however, I decided Human Resources was a better choice for my personality.

4. I have two sisters. One is 16 and the other is six.  I'm the oldest of us three!

5. I love lists. I love making lists, I love checking things off of lists, lists give me life.  I put a ton of things on my lists because it's just fun for me.  My to watch list is painfully long, my to read list is in the thousands. 

6. I'm actually a really shy person when it comes to being around people who I don't know.  I'd prefer listening to other people over being the one talking in those situations.

7. In the summer before 8th grade, I fell off a horse and broke my shoulder.

8. I tried dabbling into makeup in 7th grade, but I was made fun of every time and so I decided to stop altogether.  It wasn't until last year that I decided to try again. I still don't wear it very often because I'm happy with how my face looks bare, but sometimes I'm feeling it and will put a full face on.

9. I'm a huge procrastinator.  I'm currently trying to work on that right now by trying to break down tasks and do them one by one, but I'm still struggling!

10. I'm terrible at doing my own nails!  Cutting them AND painting them.

11. I am a religious Target shopper. Seriously, I'm there at least once a week, but usually I'll visit more often than that. I have little shame!

12. I have a weird way of going about liking things. I never just "like" it, I become obsessed with it.  I basically do everything involving it and only focus on the one thing until I become tired of it. After that, I really just stop.  This happens mostly with online games, which is why I don't let myself play them anymore.

13. I'm kind of a hoarder.  Not really in the sense that I keep everything, but I have a hard time getting rid of things that I might use at some point in time.  I own a lot of books that are meant for people younger than me but I keep them because I do want to read them eventually.  I keep all my makeup/skincare samples even though I can guarantee I'll never use all of it.

14. I am extremely sarcastic in person with my friends.  While I definitely avoid it here (sarcasm reads poorly on the internet), it's witty, sarcastic banter that really makes me laugh!

15. I'm kind of a nerd!  I used to play World of Warcraft (and miss it!), I watch video games on YouTube and play the occasional game if I really like the way it looks. 

16. I am incredibly open minded and tolerant.  The only time this is not true is with people who are being the opposite of me; hateful and excluding those who are different.

17. I've been out of the country one time, on a cruise for this winter (2016). We went to Jamaica and Haiti! 

18. I really love using my bullet journal! I use it to hold all of my lists, including to dos, my goals, and my planner. That's only a few of the things I use it for, too!

19. Along the line of my bullet journal, I am a stationery addict. It's actually a pretty bad habit; I own tons of notebooks, journals, sticky notes, memo pads, etc. I also own a bunch of pens and stickers.

20. At some point in time in my life, I want to be an elementary school teacher! I don't think I should start right away in my life, mostly because I don't have the patience right now, but at some point I want my own classroom with my own students.

Well, that's it!  I hope you guys learned some interesting new facts about me.  If you want to post the same thing on your own blog, do it!  Send me a link and I'll check it out for myself too.  I'd love to do this little challenge along with you guys!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment