Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Beauty Lover Tag

Hello, everyone!  Today I'm coming at you with a different post than usual; the ever so lovely Lauren from Little Blushing Birdie tagged me to do it.  After reading this, I highly suggest checking her post out here; she has such wonderful answers as well!

I can't help but love reading tag posts.  It's always so much fun seeing how different people can have such different ideas about the same questions. It's equally as fun seeing how your own thoughts compare to other people.  Enough chit chat, let's get into the fun stuff!

If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
Oh, man. I have so many different people I absolutely love, but if I have to pick one, it would have to be Jaclyn Hill.  She is so stunningly gorgeous all the time and I would die for a chance to meet her.  I feel like she's so creative and fun and would be just a blast to be around.

What's your top makeup tip?
If you are like me and have dark or pigmented lips, use your foundation or concealer on them.  Obviously you'll need to put some sort of lip color on them, but if you constantly struggle with colors not looking right or being opaque enough this is a great tip for you.  I love corals and light pinks, but because my lips are so dark they are never opaque enough for me and just look weird.

What one makeup item could you not live without?
Liquid lipstick.  I am beyond in love with matte lips and the application of liquid lipstick and the fact that I don't really have to touch up throughout the day is just pure heaven.  Guys, I seriously can't even begin to describe to you how much I love them. Just look at the picture. Look at it.

What one skincare item could you not live without?
Lotion and/or moisturizer.  I have really dry skin on top of spots of eczema so anything that helps my parched skin is a necessity.  I just love the way that my skin feels after using a nice lotion, and the fact that there are so many different scents to choose from is just awesome.

What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
Hands down, eyeliner. I have shaky hands, so the idea of keeping my hand still enough to draw a straight line is kind of a joke. Still, I should practice more so I can maybe learn to make a straight line and even wings.

What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
The fact that people are judged for wearing what they love.  Makeup is meant to be fun and something anyone can use, no matter their skill.  It's easy to look at the quality of someone's makeup and judge them, but for goodness sake leave people alone about it.  The only thing you're doing by telling someone their makeup looks bad is make them feel bad and make yourself look like a jerk.  Let other people do what they want. If you don't like their blue lipstick, keep it to yourself. On the flip side, if you like it, be sure to tell them!  It's a major confidence boost to hear a compliment about your makeup; we all know how much time we spend on making it look just right.

What's your favorite makeup era?
Is it bad of me to say I don't really have one?  I'm super open minded when it comes to all sorts of makeup styles.  I love bright colors, so maybe the 80's.  The fact that you could wear whatever you'd like and have it be bright and colorful just appeals to my creative side.  Plus, less judgement, yay! (Honestly I'm just thinking of Jem and the Holograms...)

What's your guilty pleasure product?
Eyeshadow palettes. I don't wear eyeshadow very often at all but for some reason I insist on owning waaay too many palettes for one person.  I have an entire drawer full of them, plus a ton of quads and trios.  I just like looking at the pretty colors and dreaming that sometime in my life I'll be able to put them on my eyelids and feel good about doing it.

What's your underdog product?
ELF lipsticks.  When you think of cheaply priced lipsticks ($3 for one), it's easy to think that the quality will go in line with price. Not true of the ELF lipsticks I have tried. They go on easily, do not smudge, and stay on for hours.  They also look beautiful and have a great range of wearable shades.  I own a bunch of pinks, nudes, and reds, and I'm more than happy with them. The lipsticks I'm talking about should not be confused with the ELF matte lip colors, however.  I haven't tried those out yet!

What was your favorite makeup product of 2015?
Benefit's Roller Lash. Unfortunately I lost the sample I had of it, but really you guys; that mascara is holy grail status.   It made my lashes longer and curled them without making them look clumpy or spidery.  It was kind of a "my lashes but better" look?  Either way, loved it.  I'd totally buy a full size tube of it if I didn't already have a drawer full of mascaras waiting to be tested.

Well, that's it!  I had so much fun thinking about my answers; it really is harder than it seems!  Then again, I've never been good at making such tough decisions like picking favorites.


I don't have any specific people to tag, but please, if you're interested at all in doing this, do it!  It's tons of fun and you'll never know how you relate to someone until you do it!  Feel free to leave it in the comments if you don't have a blog, or leaving me a link in the comments or on any social media so I can check your answers out!

xoxo,
The Cornfed Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment